DARK CRISIS - Live Q&A with Joshua Williamson, May 11th @ 2PM PST/5PM EST!

I love the way you’ve been writing Slade in Deathstroke Inc. But my question is what were the factors that went into making him such a pivotal and important part of what’s going on in the DC Universe in Dark Crisis?

3 Likes

Hi, Joshua. I’ve been following since Infinite Frontier and I’m eager to see how the plotlines set up there play out in Dark Crisis. Like a lot of people, I’m most eager to see Roy Harper’s story continue, but I have a lot of questions that may be spoiler-y. I think I mostly want to know if we’ll be getting any answers to this particular question in “Dark Crisis” itself:

Why is Lian/“Shoes” a teenager? Lian was five when she died in “Cry for Justice” and, judging by Damian Wayne’s current age (14 years old), only about four years have passed.

I hope that I’m not too demanding. I’ve been anticipating a follow-up to Roy’s search for Lian since Infinite Frontier.

3 Likes

Hi Josh! Ever since Infinite Frontier’s conclusion, many fans have been looking forward to Roy’s reunion with his daughter. Will we see that plot move forward in Dark Crisis? Also, will we be seeing more of Cheshire and Lian’s relationship now that they have reunited?

4 Likes

Hello there, Joshua! I’ve grown to be a huge fan of your work since binge reading your Flash run(on DCUI), as well as reading your Robin, Deathstroke, Infinite Frontier and more monthly, and I couldn’t be more excited for Dark Crisis!

My question is: Crisis events, unfortunately, have a history of killing off Titans, and it’s become meta in-universe that Titans are considered ‘cannon-fodder’, not to mention among the fans. Will you continue this trend of killing Titans, given that an angry and newly motivated Deathstroke and his Society is attacking the Tower, hellbent on destroying legacy in DC?

And another question, if at all possible. We know that the Titans themselves are important, but how about the Teen Titans? Specifically, the Glass iteration we’ve seen in TTA among the students(Wallace, Emiko, Roundhouse)?

5 Likes

With this being an event about legacy & it also touching on the previous Crisis books, will Infinity Inc or Justice Society Infinite be featured or referred? Also will Golden Age Diana from pre Crisis Earth 2 make another appearance & are Hector & Lyta off limits for this series as they moved on from JSA to Sandman Universe? Finally, will the power items destroyed along with the JLA?

2 Likes

Hi Josh I’m a big fan of your work.

I’ve read all of your Q&As so I’m going to ask a bit of a different question, and if you can’t answer it that’s okay. But I’m curious: since you’re involved in broad DC plans, do you know what’s coming after Dark Crisis? These big events often lead to a sort of soft relaunch where multiple new titles begin possibly spinning out of the event comic.

Could we be getting some new books in January, whether from you or not? We’ve been waiting for Green Arrow for a while, and Teen Titans and GLC are also missing books. I’m excited for Dark Crisis, and I’m excited for what sort of impact it will leave on the universe. Will we see that impact manifest in some new books or status quos for these characters?

6 Likes

At the end of Justice League #75, it looked as if everyone - both JL & Multiverse Heroes - save Black Canary was disintegrated (and reintigrated on their own ‘perfect, paradise’ Earth like Barry Allen was, imo :wink:), was this not the case and she was ‘killed’ and Black Adam was the lone survivor, or was she left behind on that graveyard Earth with GA’s corpse and if the latter is true will we pick back up on her and the unconscious Pariah somewhere during Dark Crisis?

4 Likes

Hello joshua , I would like to know does raven from the teen titans have any main involvement in the crisis ?

3 Likes

Hello Joshua!

I’m wondering about how big of a role Damian Wayne will play in Dark crisis and If we’ll get some dynamic between him and Dick and Jon

3 Likes

Hi Joshua, what made you want to focus on legacy characters when writing this story, and which characters in particular where you most looking forward to be using?

5 Likes

Will the Justice Society have a role in Dark Crisis?

5 Likes

How long will this be? and How did you come up with the idea for this,what was the process?

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for being here and answering questions!

It seems like Crisis events are becoming more common every year in DC, is that something you thought about when you wrote this event and how did you make this Crisis your own?

Thanks again for being here! I’m loving your run on Robin and the current Shadow War event!

4 Likes

What are your plans on shifting the Justice league with new members?

4 Likes

Hi! Really love your Infinite Frontier and Justice League Incarnate series! Hope to see you at a convention sometime.

Question: With you saying that the Justice League not coming back, will we still have team-up comics that isn’t the Justice League during/after Dark Crisis?

Once again, love your DC Comics content!

• Andres Espinosa
    Los Angeles, California
5 Likes

When writing the story, how did the fandom’s perception of characters such as Superman: Son of Kal-El, Yara Flor, Jo Mullein, Jace Fox, etc. affect your methods or planning for the characters? Is there the desire of articulating certain things in the plotlines specifically to win certain fans over to those characters?

4 Likes

Hey, will Dark Crisis final have it when superman embraces Conner Kent aka Superboy as his son, and have it where he finally becomes Superman

3 Likes

As a fan who wants to see Nightwing and Flash (Wally) get the main spotlight and focus they deserve in a DC-wide crossover event, is this the Crisis for me?

5 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and pull up my seat for this Q&A right now because, as Aerosmith sang, “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing”!

5 Likes

IM HERE! I made it! I’m here!

4 Likes