danny patrol

Ok so i just gotta say, danny patrol was fucking awesome! By far my favorite episode so far. It had it all, singing, dancing, crazy bitches, fighting oppressive government regimes, drag queens! I mean it doesnt get any better people. I live and breath for this shit.

What where your thoughts?

9 Likes

It’s not every episode where the climax is a drag queen beating the crap out of a government agent, and I’m all for it. :joy:

2 Likes

In the words of Captain America, "Language! "

2 Likes

honestly wasn’t a fan.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed it, I had figured there was little chance originally they could do Danny The Street right. It seemed like one of those concepts that would only really be able to be pulled off well in comics. But I saw some of the other things they have adapted and thought, “hey, maybe they can do Danny The Street” and sure enough, they did.

Also loved the stuff with Jane, Rita and Cliff. And can’t wait for next week’s episode which looks like it will be amazing.

1 Like

I liked it, but it’s hard coming off of last episode which was a masterpiece. I really liked the interactions between Vic and Larry (best part of the episode), and I hope they continue to explore the conflicts between the two of them. I was not so impressed with the Rita, Cliff, and Jane’s story on the side. Well to be fair, Cliff was really good as always, but he got minimal screen time and mostly just said “sorry”. His dance-off thing with the kid was great, but it felt like they kinda put it in there because Cliff wasn’t doing anything else. They didn’t really explore anything new with Rita, and Jane’s dominant personality of the episode felt like a one-off. I hope Jane and Cliff resolve something in the next episode too, because they are in this kind of really long stalemate that peaked last episode, and they didn’t do much with it this episode.

2 Likes

Just stopping in to give a quick reminder about being careful about language as per our Forum Guidelines, here: https://yourdcu.com/cmg - thank you in advance, and carry on! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Nighthood27 There were a few ways available to make your points of enthusiasm using other descriptives.

@Jay_Kay I shan’t comment on “the climax is a drag queen beating the crap out of a government agent”.
The libertinage aspects alone would be outside Forum Guidelines. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve watched it 4 times already today. My husband and I both actually cried during the song, and especially when it abruptly cuts off and Larry says “I don’t sing.” You don’t know how many of us relate to that one moment alone. Also, love the drag name. Mora Lee Corrupt. Beautiful. And here I thought your variation of Donna Troy was my favorite character so far…

Please keep going with everything you’ve been doing between these and Young Justice. And I’m wishing for a future drag house called the House of Harper. All about creating and discovering a new identity…

But thank you DC for helping us feel like our experiences mean something.

2 Likes

It was fantastic and dare I say “Fabulous” in every way. Although, i was a little sad not to see Flex Mentallo flexing in the background. Matt Bauer’s singing voice is incredible and if i ever did drag, I’m totally stealing the name Maura Lee Corrupt . While i hatted to leave Danny even for a second, Karen was a side I never thought I’d see of Jane. I’m also looking forward to next weeks trip to the Underground.

1 Like

I have to agree and was quite impressed with this episode. I never imagined a live adaptation would be possible but the creators and crew have done it again. The formula and exploration of each character is great as we go on this journey with them deepening our investment vs. a stereotypical villain of the week format. The musical number was moving … my heart was bursting! Great performances by all.

1 Like