Danger Street

This is false, confirmed by Tom King, not cancelled, just delayed.

5 Likes

:relieved:

1 Like

I really hope Black Lantern by Priest is not delayed or cancelled.

2 Likes

2nd time in the last week a book was thought to be canceled when it was just delayed. Seems like news sites shouldn’t be jumping the gun like this when they hear a book’s orders are being canceled

2 Likes

Well. This kind of jumping the gun behavior is exactly why I don’t like that particular website at all.

1 Like

I feel like Bleeding Cool is generally reliable when it comes to scoops, but after this week, I’m definitely gonna be more skeptical when I see that a book’s apparently been canceled. Besides, other sites also ran w/ the apparent stories of this and the Flash prequel being canceled before the creative teams clarified they were just being delayed

4 Likes

“Generally reliable” (not to mention “not terrible drama stirrers”) is not something I ever associate with that website.

3 Likes

What sources do you typically use for comics news?

2 Likes

Comics Beat is good.
Heidi MacDonald is pretty respected in the field.

4 Likes

I tend to prefer the Hollywood trade journals, like Variety and The Hollywood Reporter. The comic book community itself is too driven by gossip and drama/envy for me to really trust a lot of them. I do like the youtube channel Comics by Perch, though he’s not really a full news channel.

4 Likes

Black Adam. :wink:

As for Danger Street, I’m glad its merely delayed, as its one of my most-anticipated books of the year.

First, it was deviled eggs. Now this.

Geez. :grin:

1 Like

:wink:

What can I say!

2 Likes

That you’ll stop eating those…things.

They can put you on the Danger Street (badum-bum!) to cholesterol.

…or so studies say.

1 Like

Perch is the common sense of the comics world

3 Likes

This is certainly my point of view!

1 Like

Danger Street has finally been resolicited. The article linked in the first post has been updated with all of the information. It’s now supposed to be out on 12/13.

4 Likes

DC’s official announcement/press release and trailer:

4 Likes

Only one fleeting glimpse of me. What is my role in Danger Street? :thinking:

3 Likes

Danger Street seems to be using too many characters. Probably better to do multiple limited series about the various characters. For example, it has been a while since somebody tried to use the original Outsiders.

2 Likes

It depends. If smaller groups have shorter arcs within the 12 issues it could be fine. Think about the Legion of Superheroes and how many characters are involved. The story could trade between A, B, and C plots emphasizing different plot points that add to the overall story that brings them all together.

4 Likes