Dan DiDio out at DC

@Moloch

Except

Superman and Batman history is in Gen 1
This era is explicity tied to World War ii as is the last story in Wonder Woman 950.

From Bleeding Cool as derived from.the screenshots shown by Dan Didio.

Generation 1:
Dawn of The.Heroic Age
25 Year Time Window

Year 1 Krypton explodes.
Rocket crashes in
Smallville. Wonder Woman
debuts, Steve Trevor
crashes on Themescyria

Year 2 Jay Garrick debuts
as The Flash. Alan Scott
debuts as the Green
Lantern. Zatara debuts as a
stage magician. Dan Garrett
debuts as Blue Beetle.
Blackhawk Assembles Crew.

Year 3 JSA. Wonder
Woman (Redacted] Jay
joins JSA. Alan joins JSA.
Dinah Drake debuts as
Black Canary

Year 4 xxx American
Company enter European
theater

Year 5 JSA Enters World
War 11. Freedom Fighters
debut. Al-Star Squadron
formed.

Year 6 Thomas and Martha
Wayne xx [Redacted]. xxx
debuts. Justice League
[Redacted] Newsboy Legion
supports the war effort at
home.

Year 7 xxx debuts

Year 8 Wonder Woman
retreats to Themysicira
following atomic bomb
drop. Freedom Fighters
disband.

Year 9-11 blank.

Year 12 Dinah Lance born.

Year 13 Clark Kent
becomes Superboy, works
in secret. Creature
Commandoes debut

Year 14 Alfred Pennyworth
joins Wayne Family.

Year 15 Blank.

Year 16 Thomas and
Martha Wayne death.

6 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950

Ah.
I forgot that there is history in Gen 1 of the both of them. I get that comics use a floating timeline but this is too far.

3 Likes

Me too. The whole time Iā€™ve been buying the new ( sort of depressing) Metal Men, Iā€™ve kept thinking, ā€œDon-el, you could just wait and be reading this a year from now in the DCU digital library here!ā€

8 Likes

Hm, this is interesting news. I met him once, as well, and he was really cool.

I have to say that I donā€™t know that I feel all that great about Jim Lee running things solo.

7 Likes

I canā€™t imagine that much is going to change with whatā€™s going on with 5G. It would be one thing if it was happening in 2021, but stuff is starting inā€¦three months? Stories have already been published with it, itā€™s going to happen. I think at most, if backlash towards 5G is what caused it, it might just be quickly reverted back and some other timeline is put in instead.

I dunno, I havenā€™t agreed with everything the man has done with the company, but I canā€™t say I have any malice towards him. At worst he seemed like a genuine fan who wanted to keep the business afloat the best he can and some of his opinions on this clashed with the general comics hivemind. Barring any crazy unknown reasons why heā€™s gone, I wish him well in future ventures.

14 Likes

I never really formed that much of an opinion on him. I liked a lot of New 52 and I disliked a lot. But at the end of the day there were some great stories in the New 52. So while there were definitely ups and downs in his career as co-publisher, I am glad for some of what he was responsible for.

10 Likes

Well I have to say Iā€™m pretty sure Dan was behind the disappearance of the Legion 6 years ago and the disappearance of the JSA. But you got to do what you got to do ā€¦maybe the stuff you couldnā€™t even give it away at the time, I donā€™t know.

4 Likes

If this is true, its come too late. I do not wish anything bad for Mr. Didio, but he has over and over done his best to de-construct and annihilate all that makes DC comics great.

What I fear is we are losing Didio only to gain An empowered Bendis. If so, I only see more dark days.

Preparing for the worse but hoping for the best.

7 Likes

Didnā€™t Bendis just come in? Surely they wouldnā€™t.

4 Likes

This is a beautiful accation, let us drink lads

If Geoff Johns is to take over, then I think DC Comics will have a very bright future ahead of itā€™s self.

12 Likes

They wouldnā€™t hire Bendis because heā€™s new to the company and he is not high enough in the food chain

4 Likes

And lets not forget Wally West returning as The Flash soon

download

Hopefully

11 Likes

If a positive comes from this then Iā€™m all for it. I have to wonder if it will bring about change though.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m too excited about this. This is some great new, the only down side I see to this is some writers losing their jobs possibly.

5 Likes

I agree. Lee is just as culpable for some of the rather off choices. I donā€™t want the man to lose his job, but I do think itā€™s time for some fresh faces at the top.

8 Likes

Oh, It will bring a lot of change! I hope that some writers get shuffled (like Bendis on Superman) to new titles and characters like Dick, and Wally will be restored to there places. Basicly anything mentioned in @TurokSonOfStone1950 post will be fixed, Hopefully!

5 Likes

I think an important thing to keep in mind is that writers, editors, and publishers are all very different roles with different responsibilities. This is a role which requires business acumen. Not just the fun creative stuff, but actually pushing the product out, promoting it, and getting it to sell. Thatā€™s not what a Bendis or a Johns does. I can almost guarantee that whoever replaces DiDio wonā€™t be a big creative figure.

21 Likes

If they even do replace him. There is another co-publisher.

Well, former on the ā€œcoā€ part.

5 Likes

You are right, what if itā€™s a buissness man from AT&T that takes hold.

6 Likes

Iā€™ll be reading old comics for the rest of my days.

8 Likes