Damian Wayne Should Become Evil

I like Damian. He’s not my favorite member of the Bat-Family but he does bring a new texture to it that was missing before.

3 Likes

@HCQ, if he turns evil, won’t it make it more interesting? A bat family member has never turned fully evil before.

1 Like

1.most people hating Damian is not true in fact he is so popular that they put him in animated movies to begin with and a lot of other movies as well so get out of here with that B.S
2 Damian has some of the best story arcs I have ever seen in fact he even has a certain popular book series super sons
so yeah him being evil… not happening sorry bud.

2 Likes

Personally, I think we just need more Robins in general. The Bat-Family is way too small.

Kidding, of course.

I would be interested in a Bat series in which Bruce Wayne faces his most formidable foe: Child Protective Services.

3 Likes

I’ll bet a duffle bag full of heads to say that we have

Alternative joke/Reference:
meet the outsider

But anyways, for my thoughts on the question at hand, I say no. Damian should be pushing away from villain, and I personally believe that making him a villain takes away from the character.

3 Likes

@SuperBlueGrodd facts dude said never turned fully evil before when his username is red hood you hate damian yet you like red hood a guy who in almost every big interaction with batman cries ¨you don´t kill its the only way¨ or ¨batman didn´t save me.¨ like christ

1 Like

I love Damian. I think he’s a unique and interesting addition to the Batfam and I loved his introduction in Morrison’s run. The problem isn’t the character, the problem is his inconsistent writing. Don’t make him evil, let him learn and grow! Far more interesting, lbr.

3 Likes

This 10000%. Damian has a chance to be an incredible character. But his writers keep changing him so much, even though he had a great character arc with Super Sons. Now we just forget that happened?.. err… okay…

Damian has the ability to be whoever he wants when he grows up. He’s brilliant mentally and is a great fighter. The trick is letting him decide what he wants.

3 Likes

That´s what I´m saying i have even seen writers on twitter that write stories that involve Damian talk ■■■■ about his character on twitter

1 Like

I’m a fan of, Damian. I own and have read Grant Morrison’s run on, Batman. I thought the story was powerful. Damian dies a horrible death in that run and it is heartfelt.

3 Likes

To toss in my own two cents, I think Damien is fine when written well but pretty awful when writers don’t have a good handle on him.

He has some interesting character traits going for him such as being a vegetarian. Being an animal lover who practically has his own little zoo. Even developing his own little collection of friends. (Orphan, Goliath, Collin Wilkes, Superboy, Red Arrow, Maps Mizoguchi)

That said, hes also been often portrayed as a bratty jerk who acts like a younger Bruce Wayne which some writers have a bad habit of focusing on when writing the character. With Damien just randomly attacking and kidnapping people in order to prove he is superior.

And while this is unrelated, its a pet peeve of mine to see the four Robin boys and Bruce in an image together and despite Damien being mixed race and Dick being Romani, all five of them being drawn almost identical to one another and colorized exactly the same down to eyecolor.

To go back to the original point though…
Sure, im all for making him evil. I mean we just had an event revolving around an evil Batman. Having a superhero do a stint of ‘turned evil’ is practically a pitstop on the journey at this point

2 Likes