Damian Wayne Seeks His Own Destiny in Robin #1 on April 27

Damian Wayne Seeks His Own Destiny in Robin #1 on April 27, and New Characters Flatline and ReSpawn Debut!

Now that Damian Wayne has severed his ties to both Batman and the Teen Titans, he’ll be emerging from under their shadows to forge his own path, courtesy of writer Joshua Williamson ( The Flash, Future State: Justice League, Infinite Frontier ) and artist Gleb Melnikov (W onder Woman, Batman/Superman Annual ) in an all-new ongoing series! Debuting on Tuesday, April 27, Robin #1 will feature new mysteries for Damian to explore, a new supporting cast including Rose Wilson and Connor Hawke, brand new characters Flatline and ReSpawn, and fights—lots of fights!
Read the rest of the preview for Robin #1 here!

What are you most excited to see about Damian Wayne’s new path? Share with us below!

8 Likes

Damian, please play nice with everyone!

3 Likes

I am excited to see what Joshua Williamson has in store for Damian. I have read some of his thoughts on Damian and it sounds like he really cares for the character. So I am hopeful this series will get Damian on the right track again.

I am happy to see Rose and Connor involved. Along with newer characters it should be a fun cast. I’ve seen some of Gleb Melnikov’s art and it look gorgous! I’m ready for this series! And I can’t wait!

4 Likes

Most excited for Damian’s supporting cast! Hope to see a lot of Maya!

2 Likes

But not too nice. Gotta keep things interesting!

3 Likes

“Being a big fan of Damian Wayne, I’m really excited about getting him back on a hero’s journey.” said Williamson.

Yay!! I’m so pumped for this, little misunderstood Brat! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: the art looks great although I do love the old robin suit (especially the super sons version/art)

2 Likes

I am SO excited that Connor (Green Arrow) is going to be in the first arc! I love Connor’s character, so I am onboard for the first arc.

Regarding Damian, I enjoyed how he was portrayed in Super Sons, but before that title, I did not care for him much. But now, I am open. I like how Damian has become less of a brat and more of a fully developed character.

I’m thrilled to see Connor Hawke (an incredibly underrated and underused character) back in action, so I’d say his involvement in the book is what I’m most excited for.

Maybe his appearance in Robin will lead to a new starring gig for Connor elsewhere? One can hope. :crossed_fingers:t2: :00_green_arrow: :00_green_arrow_rebirth:

1 Like

I think at least we can hope that Connor will play into the plans that seem to be bubbling for the Arrow family! I’d love to see him brought back as a major player, and have a relationship with Robin. Such a cool contrast!

1 Like

Absolutely agree! It’d be nifty to see Connor once more get his own book, which could do a yearly (or so) crossover with Robin and create a rad tradition between the two titles.

1 Like