D.C. Posters?? share your secrets :D

Happy Thursday everyone…so I’m really big on collecting basically everything D.C…whether its statues, posters, or comics (like most of you probably lol) I’m finally moving out soon and will have soo much wall space for D.C. to take over! Where do you all get your posters or wall pieces from?? Currently I have a huge one that spans across my entire front wall that has the entire JLA on it. Definitely need more though, was thinking of getting solo character posters of some of my faves. Any advice or special places to go?? Or online?? Or does D.C. have an official place as well?

Thought this would be helpful for others starting their never-ending collection of everything D.C. as well!

5 Likes

You can find schway decorative DC swag at Hobby Lobby. It depends on the store but most of them have a crash selection of DC wares.

5 Likes

I second Vroom on Hobby Lobby. They have a lot of DC (and Marvel) stuff and I’m currently eyeballing a few things for my game room and my bedroom. I tend to get most of my DC posters at conventions and comic cons or at my LCS.

3 Likes

I got a lot of my stuff on EBay . Sometimes you can get some stuff on the cheap if ya win an auction or offer the right price. :diamonds::black_joker:

3 Likes

I get mine from my local comic shop. When they get new posters in and cycle the old ones out, I ask if I can have the old ones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This poster has been with me for many years, I got it from a local comic book shop when I was in high school and now have it hanging up in my apartment.

2 Likes

@iJest, neat! For anyone interested, Hobby Lobby carries a poster-like…thing (IDK the exact terminology) with the LOTDK #50 cover. It’s a piece of wood with that cover on it.

I used to get promotional posters from the comic stores I was a regular at (I’m a one store at a given time guy, but this was over time as I changed stores). I have a New Age poster buried in a closet somewhere.

3 Likes

Thank you all!! Vroom and Jasontodd…I looked at Hobby Lobby…sooo many options to choose from so thank you again! They have some really dope WW stuff!

And I never thought to check Ebay! Thank you Harleen!! Very smart cuz I’m sure a lot of people have cillected some sweat D.C. goodies over the years!

2 Likes

@deku_, you’re welcome. Happy to be of assistance.

1 Like

Have you gotten anything from there before Vroom?? Would love to hear your experience

1 Like

No problem! :diamonds::black_joker:

1 Like

@deku_, I’ve bought a few DC things from Hobby Lobby. Most recent item was a framed lenticular poster (I guess that’s the term for it) of Jim Lee’s cover for Justice League #1. It’s the promotional cover art too, when Diana was drawn with black pants to thematically match her look in The Odyssey from the pre-New 52 Wonder Woman series.

2 Likes

There’s this Justice League Minimalist poster that they sell at target that I own lol
They also have Wonder Woman

1 Like

There’s this Justice League Minimalist poster that they sell at target that I own lol
They also have Wonder Woman

Mine are posted on DC shrine. Got the Supergirl from CW by spinning a wheel & hitting pick any prize spot. It was at the official Black Lighting launch in Akron. I couldn’t believe they picked a spot 5 mins from me & on my b-day to launch such a big event. I got my Catwoman poster, with my purple & green Catwoman figure. Then my Johns’ JLA & the JL movie poster at hobby lobby.

1 Like

Awesome everyone, I’m so envious lol! I’ve been dying to get more for some time now but obviously they wouldn’t even be used until my actual move out date…but now I’m thinking what the heck let’s just do it lol

Anyone know of how to check for local comic cons? I know they have the major ones like in San Diego.

@deku_ You’re welcome! As for finding local comic cons I would try putting “comic con” or maybe “comic book conventiones” and your city or state in a search engine and search that way. Also sometimes the communities around here will post events like that on their websites or in the local papers. I would also check library websites because there are a few locally here that host small one day “comic cons”. Not sure if that would be the case where you are but thought I’d make the suggestion anyway.

2 Likes

*“conventions” is what I meant there. I’ll be so happy when we finally get an edit function here.

2 Likes

Those library “cons”, how do they play out?

I’ve always wondered about them library cons. Pretty sure we just had one and I missed it. Cons are awesome! I got a Harley pic signed by Frank Cho. He was really nice ! :diamonds::black_joker:

1 Like