Cyborg Superman Appreciation Post - ALL HAIL CYBORG SUPERMAN

The Cyborg Superman is a fictional character appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. The character first appeared in “Adventures of Superman” #466 in 1990. The Cyborg Superman is one of several individuals who have taken on the mantle of Superman, but with a significant twist – he is part machine.

The original and most well-known version of Cyborg Superman is Hank Henshaw. Henshaw was an astronaut who, along with his crew, encountered a powerful cosmic radiation storm that led to the destruction of their spacecraft. After the incident, Henshaw’s body disintegrated, but his consciousness survived and gained the ability to manipulate technology. He reconstructed himself using cybernetic components, adopting the appearance of Superman, albeit with a more mechanical and intimidating appearance.

Cyborg Superman has been portrayed as both a villain and an antihero in various storylines. His motives often involve a deep-seated resentment towards Superman or a desire for power and revenge. The character has appeared in various comic book arcs, animated series, and other media within the DC Universe. It’s worth noting that different characters have assumed the Cyborg Superman identity in alternate storylines and continuities within DC Comics

6 Likes

A picture of my boy Kon-El getting his ass kicked? I do not approve

2 Likes

Sorry man but I think that was one of the coolest covers ever!

And Adventures of Superman was the Kon-El storyline so his writers were the ones to come up with that concept

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

I thought (and still do) that he had the best design out of all the pretenders.

3 Likes

Oh absolutely!

3 Likes

Reading these back in 1993 I really thought he was the real Superman. Of course looking at the story 30 years later it was clear that Superboy, and Steel were not Superman. And I didnt know who the Eradicator was at this point. Still loved the story and this character.

timthumb

4 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

You gave me a idea for my next Minecraft project, this will be fun and challenging!:superman: :smirk:

2 Likes

I think you guys will like this:

Credit to @Lincolnfan78

2 Likes

Look at that! This post is creating others to be homage to Cyborg Superman!

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

Did you make that?! It’s absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Creator of this image is Ivan Ruis

2 Likes

4 Likes