Cyborg Fan Art

I can finally share this piece I made for a charity fan zine, Teen Titans: Broken Youth. I got to pick who I wanted to draw and chose Cyborg since I’ve never drawn him and as the zine’s theme was in relation to the changes we go through when growing up I felt most strongly with Cyborg’s character. I’ve always loved his story and felt like there was so much emotion to tap into with the changes he goes through, essentially losing his whole life and body and still finding the strength to move forward in life and become a hero.

7 Likes

That’s amazing! The blue look beautiful!

4 Likes

Thanks so much! Haha it’s a ton of blue for sure!

4 Likes

I love original designs like this. It’s your own take yet instantly recognizable as Cyborg. What’s your thinking for the blue? Visible circuitry? Lights? Some kind of fluid? Regardless, great work indeed! :clap: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Oh my… this is actually insane… holy… great work @cici… I’m like speechless right now…

4 Likes

Thanks so much! Yeah the Teen Titans show has, by far, my favorite cyborg design. It’s recognizable, punchy and unique! For the blue I imagine it being like a circuitry under glass, or in the case of the large cables, clear plastic. But I feel like there’s probably some fluid, plasma, or maybe even gas elements involved in addition to the circuitry. I decided to make the open panel red underneath since I e always found it peculiar all the circuitry was blue except the eye. So I thought maybe the innermost mechanics are red, and the outer is blue. I also felt like it was a way to incorporate …a kind of like body horror element that I don’t think can be separated from Cyborg’s visual storytelling, as it looks like the inside of a human body too. Hopefully that made sense :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ah! Thank you so much @LastSon0fMars :harley_hv_6:

2 Likes

Perfect sense. Love it!

Would love to see your original take on Supes!

3 Likes

Oh I draw Supes a lot! Clark is one of my fave characters :heart:

3 Likes

Very very awesome™:+1:.
All the details the designs look amazing. Really like the shades of blue.

2 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate it :smile:

2 Likes