CWs Supergirl - Opinions of Kara

Ok guys, so long story short I just finished watching season 1 of Supergirl. As a Bat fan I tend to stay away from all things super but with the revelation of Ruby Rose playing Batwoman I decided to give it a go and to be honest I am enjoying it A LOT. My question is… what does everyone else think of Kara? Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

She’s good. Not bad, not great, just good

4 Likes

I love Alex, she is a total badass but Kara seems very tame… does that ever change, @Redhood.55520?

Kara in the CW is a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10

3 Likes

I get into fights all the time with my fellow DC buds for loving her.

1 Like

I love her. Seasons 1 and 2 of supergirl are my favorite seasons of the Arrowverse

2 Likes

I never cared for her in general. First season was kinda interesring and I like the Superman on there but it’s my least favorite DC show right now

I really enjoy Supergirl. Like you, I’m a bats person who isn’t often very fond of Superman but they do some really cool stuff that I can’t ignore and I love her character as she’s relatable and not too out there, Kara feels like a Clark Kent type of character, how she’s slightly rounded, but has a whole different side which is Supergirl.

2 Likes

I loved season 1 Kara a lot. She had these moments where she would show her infamous anger. She, to me, becomes too watered down and simplified in the CW seasons. She’s okay. Nothing about her is really bad, but nothing is really great.

3 Likes

I enjoy the show alot. It was my favorite current live action DC show until Krypton came along.

3 Likes

What does being a bat fan have to do with not being into superman and related stuff? Unless you only like Batman and family and that’s it

2 Likes

Loving Melissa Benoist as Kara.

9/10.

I can’t think of anyone who would do her better. I’m only leaving the last point to leave room for improvement should the part ever be given to someone who is also a comic nerd. I’m loving the way Cameron Cuffe cares for the character beyond the workplace.

CW has a solid cast for all their title characters, but Melissa is my favorite so far.

1 Like

In one word… YAWN.

1 Like

The show, or Kara? @DJWolfmanJBeezzy

On DCTV, I think Sara Lance is a stronger character than Supergirl. I like Supergirl, but her show is holding her back.

1 Like

Super girl of course has amazing powers but I dont think she is edgy enough to fit in DC. Look at Cat women, Bat Women, Wonder Women, The Birds of Prey and etc… Super Girl just doesn’t fit in. With her powers she should be the most Edgy.

HarleysPuddin…

Both