CW Seed?

I just saw that on January 6 CW Seed will be premiering a Deathstroke animated series. Why is this not a DCU original? What’s going on with the lack of content on this platform?

2 Likes

I don’t mean to be negative, I’m just a little concern.

1 Like

CW Seed is its own thing and has previously had original DC animated content (Vixen, The Ray, Constantine: City of Demons) CW probably commissioned it and paid for it.

2 Likes

My question is why CW doesn’t collapse everything onto one platform?

@msgtv My guess would be Hollywood accounting. The DC properties are spread among multiple platforms which share the costs and risk. CW Seed did both a Vixen and Constantine animated series that were later collected as direct to video releases which they could have just done directly, but CW Seed picked up the tab. Also, the CW is probably experimenting with different platforms to reach different audiences. Those young kids don’t even watch over the air TV let alone watch it live. :grinning: CW Seed has “series” that look like YouTube series so they’re aiming for that younger market.

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s their reason, but if I were a CW executive I’d argue that having someone stop into CW app for Supergirl and finding Wildcats and staying longer is a greater benefit

I agree. I don’t know what the executives think. CW Seed is for cord cutters which is a “vastly” different market than the regular CW App? I’m over 50 so marketers don’t care what I think.

Me too, they know we are less susceptible to advertising so ads geared to us are not where the money’s at

1 Like