CW Passes on Green Arrow & The Canaries

Multiple outlets are reporting that CW is not picking up GA&TC to series, which is a major disappointment for me. After being skeptical about a future-set series to begin with, and less than blown away by the flash forwards in the final seasons of Arrow, the backdoor pilot totally turned me around on the idea.

Here’s hoping there’s a place for Mia on Legends of Tomorrow, at least to resolve that cliffhanger ending, and that we haven’t seen the last of Evil Lauren.

5 Likes

C’est la vie…

Hopefully there will still be some Arrowverse goodness in 2021 when normality returns.

3 Likes

disappointing - I was really looking forward to this one. Hopefully this isn’t the start of them dismantling the arrowverse.

2 Likes

Sad to hear. But who knows the Snyder cut happened/ young justice S3 happened. The fans did those maybe they can do the same with this.

I honestly cannot blame them. I do not think their was much interest from general audiences and there is only so much airtime.

They might also have plans for Black Canary on Stargirl.

1 Like

Ugh! I’m so conflicted. On the one hand, I’ve said for a while I wasn’t a fan of this story. It was obvious from day one they were trying to set up a spin off and it never felt organic. I hate that so much of the last two seasons was wasted trying to make this a thing, particularly the final season where we could’ve spent more time with the characters we knew and loved, rather than diverting attention to characters they were convinced were gonna be the next big thing. Like @MatthewHecht said, there didn’t seem to be much interest from the general audience.

On the other hand, I feel for the cast and those in production. These were talented people who were really excited to continue into their own show. And it’s even worse when you realize how long it took for this decision to be made. Everyone saw Superman and Lois get fast tracked to series while they were still in limbo.

I can’t say I’m surprised considering how long it took them to make a decision on this, but it’s still disappointing. I really felt this series had a lot of potential and I was looking forward to seeing more of these 3, especially Black Siren. I know Guggenheim has talked about writing a comic that could continue the story from the backdoor pilot, so hopefully that at least comes to fruition so that we’re not left completely hanging. I’m still hoping that Shiva ends up being the mystery big bad, but I’d just be happy to get anything more from this thread at this point

1 Like

Disappointing but generally with the CW shows it ends up going a different way than I like anyways.

1 Like

I honestly was not looking forward to it. I think there are way too many Arrowverse shows and they are getting watered down. I do like the suggestion above of bring Mia into LOT.

1 Like

Tbh, I’m not upset at all. The future stuff in Arrow was so bad.

1 Like

I was honestly really looking forward to this. It’s sad to see, but I hope this will cause them to put more work into the current shows to make them better and look better. Not that they don’t look good right now, but you can always get better!!

1 Like

To be honest, it’s best they put it to rest. I mean even with Stephen Amill still in it, the stories were flat. I think Arrow had its run and it was amazing. S1-S3. Superman and Lois trailer reminds me a lot of original Arrow. Hopeful.

3 Likes

I wanted this because I wanted Connor and Mia, this sucks!

1 Like