CW Flash- new costume

A few weeks back when I first saw the new Flash costume I wasn’t sure WHY I didn’t immediately fall in love with it. I thought maybe seeing it in action would change my mind- so after seeing 2 episodes of this season and the new Elseworlds promo art I realized what it is.
It’s the lack of chin strap!
Seeing Amell in the Flash costume made me realize that I’m OK with the costume… just maybe not on Gustin. Don’t get me wrong- I like GG as Flash… he’s a great actor… I just miss the old helmet & chin strap.
What say you all?!

2 Likes

Well that’s interesting

No. GG looks good in everything!

I like the color of the new suit, a lot more traditional. It’s not the missing chin strap that bothers me, it’s the way the helmet domes out to the sides at about eye level on up. Reminds me of Ultra Humanites massive brain.

flash-costume-new-season-5.png

1 Like

Season 4’s costume was the best.

c639f5ccbac39b7357f6fd745f9542c5.jpg

6 Likes

Yeah, I appreciate them going away from the leather look, but without the chin strap his head looks a little uneven.

1 Like

Everyone here saying “chinstrap” but I didn’t even notice. Just happy it is finally hidden in a ring.

2 Likes

RayneKing09–I agree, his head looks inordinately big in the otherwise cool new suit.

1 Like

I miss the chinstrap to be honest. I like how they went there making it look like one whole piece and bright bright scarlet, but S4 definitely had the best costume as someone said above.

2 Likes

I love the new suit but seeing that S4 suit instantly made me miss it!

2 Likes

Chinstrap or not the flash will always be the flash the suit that i saw is cool yes the strap is gone but its still the flash suit or am i wrong

1 Like

True

1 Like