CW Developing a Superman Show

I mean, I’m likeling Batwoman which is Season 1 and I don’t know yet about Green Arrow and the Canaries. (Krypton is also my Favorite TV show this year…)

Well, The kid angle in Returns didn’t work because he was an illegitimate child who Lois had to raise with a settled for stand-in while the Kid’s real father flew back to the irradiated remains of his Birthplace and became a stalker who hovers outside her house and bathes it with X-Rays while eavesdropping on private conversations…

This sounds more like the plot of a crime drama than a Superman movie!

2 Likes

I really like Tyler Hoechlin as Supes. When I image live-action Superman, I picture him mostly forgetting the DCEU version.

However with the Carnaries show on the horizon I still can help but think that CW is being over-saturated with superheroes. Buuuuuuutt… with that said I still am all for it. There should always be a Superman on the small or big screen.

4 Likes

Super Hyped about this show, some of the best Supergirl episodes were because of Tyler’s Superman being in them. I am really looking forward to some crossovers where the existance of the universe does not hang in the balance. Superman and the Flash crew can have some character development, also some Legends of Tomorrow development also. I really think there are a lot of cool characters there that can make for some great stories that does not take 3 to 5 episodes to complete. But don’t get me wrong… can not wait for COIE!!!

4 Likes

I really like Tyler’s Superman when he shows up on Supergirl, so I would check this out. I don’t love this actress for Lois tbh (I just really disliked her on Grimm a few years ago and it stuck lol).

I just hope this wouldn’t mean the end of Supergirl. I would definitely prefer it over the Arrow spin off, though. I don’t really care about the future storyline/grown up daughter, and considering they’ve done Laurel dirty for 8 seasons I just can’t imagine any good would come from continuing with these characters.

I like the idea of a new Superman show.

1 Like

SPOILERS - In the crises on infinite earths comics supergirl dies. Maybe her arc will end and he will pick up the story but I doubt they’ll end supergirl already…it may be laying ground work to do so eventually…how many cw DC shows can they maintain???

2 Likes

That would be glorious!

3 Likes

I hope people realize that, unless there are some kind of time shenanigans happening, this show is going to be about Clark and Lois trying to raise an infant and navigate the first year or so of their marriage.

i’m still not over brandon routherman, so i haven’t warmed to this guy yet, but i adore bitsie tulloch’s lois!

2 Likes

If this is true, they need 2 cast a POC! I’m a swole good looking brown man w/ time 2 spare.

Lame!! Make a Suicide Squad and Deathstroke Series.

2 Likes

I was wrong when I said that this show would involve Clark and Lois raising an infant, but that was because I hadn’t done the math in my head about how old their son would be if the show gets picked up to series based on when we learned about his conception and when his birthday would most likely be.

If the show does get picked up, the Clois baby will be just over 1 year old because his birthday would be September 2019 and the show will likely start out being set in October 2020.

I love superman but another superman and lois, same enemy lex luthor…same problems no much of action I was hoping something better…meah

1 Like

Can’t wait for this series!!! First live action Jon Kent

1 Like

In the past 10 years, Superman has:

• Appeared in 4 live-action, big budget, blockbuster films
  • Appeared in at least 14 DC Animated Films (with 2 films in development).
  • Appeared in 4 Animated TV Shows
  • Appeared in 10 Video Games
  • Had a Novel based on him.
  • Appeared in a countless number of comics

…and had a role in Supergirl.

Superman is still in his top spot. If anyone needs a bit of a chance, it’s characters like Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Batgirl, etc.

2 Likes

Will they have Linda Carter reprise her roll as WonderWoman for the Crisis cross over?

2 Likes

I’m sorry that supergirl show is a trainwreck of political correctness produced by a terrible agenda driven network. I’d much rather see a Superman series go to Netflix or another non broadcast service.

1 Like

Please clarify?

2 Likes

What… What agenda is being pushed? And how is it “politically correct”.

1 Like