CW Arrow Spin-off Canaries Announced!! How do you feel?

Katie MacNamara will start in a series that takes place in the future as far as we can gather. It will focus on the Canaries and the Legacy of the Green Arrow.

How do you feel. Having disliked the flash forwards I’m mixed. I’m excited, but very worried.

6 Likes

Agree I wasn’t interested in the flash forwards, if the time travel Mia to today, I’m good with it. Besides aging the Canaries every episode is very convincing. Either way, I’ll give it a try.

2 Likes

If any version of Katie Cassidy’s Dinah Laurel Lance is there, then so am I. I like the Dinah Drake character too. I don’t really care about the future stuff. It was boring, but maybe it’ll be better in Arrow’s final season and make us want to see more?

4 Likes

The flash forwards were weird, but I’m willing to give the show a shot. It will probably help that the show won’t be scenes spliced into another story.

3 Likes

I didn’t like the flash forwards last season and I thought the future world of 2040 Star City was dull. As of right now, I’ll pass.

1 Like

Ugh I think this will fail the only actress I like out of the three is Kathryn Newton I like her alot but it seems like every show where she is a lead fails which sucks wayward sisters the supernatural spin off would have been great and she would have made that series for me Katie cassidy is an ok actress but her fight choreography always looked so bad on arrow it’s gotten somewhat better but still not great as for juliana harkavy she is almost the exact opposite her acting is pretty dry but her fight choreography is great also

Hard pass

Oh heck yeah I can’t wait.:bow_and_arrow::baby_chick::baby_chick:

1 Like

I give everything a fair chance at the Starting Point, so I’ll check it out.

1 Like

I was hoping for a Katie Cassidy led show. I don’t care for Future Daughter at all.

2 Likes

This would be basically Birds of Prey Beyond kinda? I’m all for more Arrowverse, I love that universe!

3 Likes

If they just leave it in a time setting, I think it will work. I wasn’t a fan of the flash forwards, not as a concept, it just felt very shoehorned in. It brought basically nothing to the general plot of Arrow. Canaries fighting in a street level dystopia has potential.

2 Likes

My only issue is that the future always looks cheap on network shows, and Arrow S7 was no exception. I’d much rather see Crisis erase the dystopian future and have a Canaries show that picks up where Arrow left off. But how to get Mia to 2020? Besides the most obvious option (time travel), I’d suggest Arrow take a page from Batman (as it has so many times) and reintroduce a present day Mia (Deardon instead of Smoak) the way Helena Bertinelli found her way to Gotham after Helena Wayne was erased by Crisis On Infinite Earths. That, or convince Willa Holland to comes back and take Ollie’s place as Green Arrow.

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure about it until @Mae called it Birds of Prey Beyond. Now I’m in.

3 Likes

As long as it’s about kicking ass, instead of another SJW show.

Personally, I think Katie Cassidy is one of the best things about the Arrowverse.

4 Likes

As with all DC shows, I’m willing to give it a shot, but I don’t have the highest hopes for it. Honestly, I think I would have preferred it being a solo Black Canary show with Katie Cassidy as opposed to having the trio.

4 Likes

Not a fan of flash-forwards, and definitely not a fan of a flash-forward spin-off. Just think, now the writers of this series will have 20 years of flash-backs to torture us with. God, come up with something original!

Honestly idk how to feel about this kinda hoping this wasn’t the other spinoff they was teasing awhile ago cuz if it is very disappointed

1 Like

The Canary episode last season almost felt to me like a backdoor pilot. I personally enjoyed that episode a lot more than I thought I would. The flash-forwards last season were a mixed for me. The first half of the season I really enjoyed the flash-forwards, but they did start to drag in the second half of the season.

I’m open to the idea depending on how it is done. Crisis on Infinite Earths may mess with how the future pans out. There is still a lot to play with on the mythology of the Green Arrow and his team.

As long as the pick a time period and stick to it. Constant flashbacks will make this a hard pass for me.