Current Wonder Woman Series Discussion Thread

Some exciting stuff happening across the community, Wonder Woman fans! Namely this q&a with the series writers! :tada:

And if you’re reading Trial of the Amazons and want to discuss, we’re doing that over here:

:black_heart::00_wonder_woman_gold:

6 Likes

This current run has been a delightful treat. Im loving all the obscure callbacks from older concepts.

5 Likes

You are absolutely correct! This current run is a pure delight. There are some nice callbacks while moving forward.

3 Likes

Indeed! Were seeing both new ideas such as Seigfried who might find a permanent place in Wonder Womans supporting cast, as well as old familiar faces such as the Holliday girls and Image-Maker.

I am excited to see what comes next with this wild run. I suspect we have also been seeing an adaption of Merboy and that merkingdom from the silver age

3 Likes

Did anyone else read the Sensational Wonder Woman Special that released today? Feel free to discuss here! (Please blur spoilers. :blush:)

Summary

I particularly loved the first story in the collection. Just beautiful. :black_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

5 Likes

I enjoyed the issue, particularly the second story (I follow Kollins on twitter, so I was excited to see him tackling Wonder Woman again). A bit trippy, but quite fun. Third tale reminded me of a wacky comic they did for Wonder Woman on ice cream cartons a few years ago, but of course much more detailed, but the similarities tickled me.

4 Likes

My favorite of the three stories was the first one. Admittedly not for the A plot, but for that beautiful design Blue Snowman was sporting. That combined with just how the villain was portrayed and how she interacted with Diana really made it for me.

5 Likes

Okay, I need details on this. There was a Wonder Woman comic that appeared on ice cream cartons?! :joy: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

She also had a neat appearance in last year’s “Love Is A Battlefield” comic!

3 Likes

Indeed! I did a writeup of the whole ice cream carton comics here! https://thebatmanuniverse.net/edys-ice-cream-3/ (apologies for the self promotion, but I hope it’s interesting! :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing!

(I am so disappointed I missed out on trying Golden Lasso Twirl ice cream. :sob:)

6 Likes

Yeah, I kinda wish I coulda tried all of these! I only found out about them a month ago, and did lots of research before getting my article proposal approved. :wink:

6 Likes

I liked stories 1 and 3, the second story kind of fell flat for me. It wasn’t but it wasn’t as fun as the other two. I am not sure if anyone remembers that WW84 one-shot that really didn’t have anything to do with the movie, but that story would have fit in with this anthology. I will have to drag out of the long box in a bit to give that another read.

The third story was great. The swap trope can and is overused but it works to great affect here. I also would have loved for Wonder Woman to go back to class at the end with Devyn and take that history teacher to school.

4 Likes

Oh right~ That neat little story where Diana and Steve were on a date and Blue Snowman was revealed to be genderfluid

4 Likes

Our new Wonder Woman club is up and running! Come check it out! :wondersquadron1: :wondersquadron2:

8 Likes

The Golden Twirl ice cream caught my eye, so I just wanted to chime in that it was indeed the absolute best of the DC-based iced cream from a while back.

I didn’t keep track of how many cartons i ate from all of the flavors that were offered, but for being a guy who doesn’t eat ice cream all that often, I know I bought at least 5 throughout the product’s run at retail.

Forgive the cheesy pun, but the stuff was indeed wonderful (with the least wonderful being the Harley Quinn-themed flavor).

4 Likes

I confess I never quite understood the clubs. Are they just a thread for people to go to and discuss stuff?

5 Likes

Most clubs are reading clubs. Books are usually selected and then everyone reads and discusses them.

There is also the main club thread where people can discuss the topic of the club, in the case of @Angel212’s new club it would be a Wonder Woman based conversation.

4 Likes

Yep, so like @D4RK5TARZ said, we’ll have multiple threads going and monthly readings. We’re starting out with TOTA as our reading focus, but next month we’ll do something from the DCUI library! And you can also just hang out in the club room (main club thread) and talk about any WW-related news etc. :blush:

5 Likes

Ah thank you very much for clarifying ^^

I wonder what the odds are of us getting some sort of Wonder Woman anthology book like what the Batbooks have with ‘Batman:Urban Legends’ would be a nice way to flesh out the Wonder corner of things and hit multiple elements at once.

4 Likes