Current Hawkman First Appearance?

I’ve been trying to determine where the most recent version of Carter Hall’s story begins inside the current universe (2016-). I want to read the Venditti run. I’ve tried my hardest to figure out where to begin by searching for his first appearance on the ol’ Google machine. Closest I’ve gotten to 1st appearance/beginning for the Rebirth reincarnation is Dark Days: The Forge #1. Can anybody help me? Am I getting close?

3 Likes

I believe his only Rebirth appearance prior to Dark Knights Metal (and The Forge lead in) was …

4 Likes

So TECHNICALLY, current Hawkman begins in 2011’s Savage Hawkman
But if you’re looking for Rebirth to now, I would probably start with Death of Hawkman. If I remember correctly, all the news articles were making a big deal about that being a starting point at the time.

4 Likes

It has been a few years since I read Death of HAwkman, but I remember it clearly being the end of his New 52 self right down to him well dying in it.

3 Likes

Just start with the first issue of Venditti’s series.

4 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. I never actually read it, I just remember all the promotion leading up to it.

:00_aquaman:

4 Likes

Yeah, Ive never read it but it would seem like the last place to find a beginig story is in a story titled “death of (character in question)”

2 Likes

Yeah. I read that back when, and I remember it being Katar Hol as well… I think.

2 Likes

It was Katar Hol with many call backs to his New 52 adventures. Also while Hawkman is the hero he is not the protagonist. Adam Strange is the protagonist.

3 Likes

I strongly recommend just going into the Hawkman 2018 series fresh.

5 Likes

Why

have

you

never

told

me

to

read

this

series

before