Crown the Greatest Live-Action DC TV Tournament

Down with Smallville! Any show that’s too good for the classic costume is too good for my vote! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Dude, you got this one in the bag. Let a Superman fan have his fun :joy:.

4 Likes

I am having my fun!

Oh, you meant…oh. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wonder Woman absolutely did the character justice. As for Titans, I thought it was vastly improved in the 2nd season. Also, Stargirl is doing a great job building a team and giving reasons for each to want to join the battle. Swamp Thing waa great, but it has the added “advantage” of being cancelled and becoming a martyr so to speak. I’m not a big fan, but Batman 66 was a rather faithful depiction of the comic at the time I believe.

2 Likes

But you can’t deny they did great with the other heroes they brought in. Not to mention, they made the Wonder Twins cool…

3 Likes

Extremely faithful. More faithful than any live-action adaptation can risk to be if it wants to be taken seriously.

2 Likes

The show really toned down some of the weirder elements, though. Just look at Etta Candy.

3 Likes

As is our recurring trend here, polls will remain open a little longer to see if we can break any ties.

2 Likes

Alright, Round Three is now officially closed! Brackets for the semi-finals will be going up later, but until then, here’s our full list of winners:

*Batman '66
*The Flash (Arrowverse)
*Legends of Tomorrow
*Wonder Woman (1975)

4 Likes

Battle of the Brave and the Bold:

• Batman '66
  • The Flash (Arrowverse)

0 voters

1 Like

Battle of “Constantine Just Called in Some Back-up:”

• Legends of Tomorrow
  • Wonder Woman (1975)

0 voters

1 Like

The Semi-finals are up! Voting closes Thursday, 07/23! And as always, let the voting and discussion continue!

2 Likes

Down with modern television!

4 Likes

I’m rooting for a Batman '66 vs. Wonder Woman '77 final match because in my opinion it would be the most interesting match and I’m happy with both getting so much recognition and beating the odds :relaxed:

3 Likes

While a WW vs BM matchup would be really interesting, I voted honest to how I feel. I just prefer modern TV. Unless Super Friends was involved in an animated showdown. They probably get my vote :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Happy DCversary!

3 Likes

Funny observation about the Wonder Woman vs. Watchmen match: as far as I know, Wonder Woman is the only other DC live action show that has storylines about a doomsday machine ultimatum to force the economic powers (USA/USSR/China) into a truce, and an alien invasion hoax related to atomic power and the Cold War. Combine the two and you basically have Ozymandias’ plan. Watchmen of course stems from that kind of Cold War sci-fi, and Wonder Woman was part of that era of sci-fi.
So there you go, these shows actually have more in common than it meets the eye.

4 Likes

Man, these are both turning out to be some pretty close fights. Gonna be interesting to see who ends up making it to the finals.

On another note, would everyone be interested if, after this, I made a “3rd Place Bracket”?

3 Likes

I would love that honestly. I would even like a loser bracket where different shows that didn’t make it to the semi finals face up against each other but in different pairings for 5th place or something

2 Likes

Wow my vote caused both semi finals to be 50/50. Let’s see where this goes and my vote literally decided between Legends and Doom Patrol as I was on the fence

2 Likes