Crown the Greatest Live-Action DC TV Tournament

It’s really unfair. Watchmen was an HBO show that could go anywhere it wanted. WW was a broadcast show that had to deal with a lot of censorship issues of its day. Not to mention the improvements in SFX over the last 45 years.

4 Likes

And that’s a completely fair point to make

3 Likes

Honestly, it wasn’t that the show got worse, Wonder Woman went for the new technology of the day, and that dated it, while the WWII shows were limited to what they could do with technology. The stories actually probably got better with the modern day setting, but I also love the WWII for the period piece, and I think WW is why I love WWII series and shows…

4 Likes

So it might be fair to compare the Wonder Woman WWII 1st season to Watchmen.

For its time, the WWII season was very period accurate, from a costume, props, set, vehicle standpoint.

4 Likes

Wonder Woman has stolen the lead again! And Legends and Arrow are tied! We’re coming down to the wire here!

1 Like

I never could get into Arrow, myself. Legions is highly entertaining, though. I love that team.

1 Like

I’d argue that Watchmen stole the lead and Wonder Woman regained it. But I’m extremely biased…

2 Likes

WW/Watchmen is currently 50/50. Oh, the suspense!

3 Likes

Just like last week, I’m gonna leave the polls open a little longer and see if the ties can be broken.

3 Likes

And with that, Round Two is now closed!

Well, it was a fierce battle in both the polls and in the comments, but in the in the end, Wonder Woman managed to pull out ahead and topple Watchmen! Meanwhile, Batman '66 completely trounched Batwoman, proving that, sometimes, you really shouldn’t bet against the classics!

(Well, unless you’re Lois and Clark, apparently…)

Round Three brackets will go up once I come up with a theme name for Flash vs Swamp Thing soon! Until then, here’s our full list of winners for Round Two:

*Batman '66
*Smallville
*The Flash (Arrowverse)
*Swamp Thing (2019)
*Doom Patrol
*Legends of Tomorrow
*Constantine
*Wonder Woman (1975)

2 Likes

Wonder Woman already won just by defeating such a critically acclaimed opponent. Looking forward to the next round…

2 Likes

Right? I kinda figured Watchmen to be the favorite to win, but you just never know with these things…

(cough do the animated series tournament cough)

2 Likes

Anyway, on to Round Three!

Battle of the World’s Finest:

• Batman '66
  • Smallville

0 voters

2 Likes

Battle of the Tonally Opposite:

• The Flash (Arrowverse)
  • Swamp Thing (2019)

0 voters

2 Likes

Battle of the Losers:

• Doom Patrol
  • Legends of Tomorrow

0 voters

2 Likes

And lastly, Battle of Myth and Magic:

• Constantine
  • Wonder Woman (1975)

0 voters

2 Likes

Round Three brackets are up! Polls will close Sunday, 07/19! Let the voting and discussion continue!

2 Likes

I may lose this fight, but I’d watch Batman '66 any day of the week over Smallville. Capes are good!

7 Likes

Same here.

Also, calling it now: Flash vs Swamp Thing is gonna be our “close-call” match, since we seem to get at least one of those per round.

3 Likes

There can only be one!

5 Likes