Crown the Greatest DC Film Tournament

Could be. That, Batman 1989 or Wonder Woman would be good choices for the top spot.

The Nolan movies are good, but forgettable. Probably the most overrated out of all the DC movies. I’ve never really felt like rewatching any of 'em.

BvS and Man of Steel are too controversial to claim the top spot. Runner up for either is not unfathomable though.

A Nolan movie will probably end up winning.

5 Likes

I just publicly criticized the Nolan movies. Not a very bright move :joy:

6 Likes

When do we vote, btw?

2 Likes

Personally, I think Dark Knight is the best Batman movie, but I pull for Batman Forever as 2nd.

2 Likes

I will be closing the 2nd round tomorrow. I will be posting the link to the start of the 3rd round after I set it all up.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong; I like the Nolan movies. I was definitely singing their praises at the time they came out :slightly_smiling_face:. It’s just for me, years later, it’s like they’re erased from my memory. Can’t really put my hand on why. Maybe use some this covid confinement time to revisit them.

3 Likes

My favorite DC film is Batman: Mark of the Phantasm (1993). Sadly it’s so overlooked. It’s better than The Dark Knight (2008). It’s a well spinoff based on Batman: The Animated Series, the best adaptation of Batman ever! It has best Batman and Joker in this with a new villain and a thrilling noir mystery that people should take inspiration from more just as much as the Animated Series.

3 Likes

Begins is a bit lengthy, Rises got about everything wrong, but DK was just right. Best live action Joker, good story, and the constantly changing story of the Joker’s scars were hilarious. Forever was the only film I really wanted to watch multiple times for Batman until DK…

2 Likes

No denying the greatness of Phantasm. Considering doing an animated movie and live action series tournament as well. This has been really successful, so I definitely want to do them…

7 Likes

Dark Knight

4 Likes

Watchmen is where it’s at. My number #1 all time favorite. Nothings topped it yet. That’s strictly imho. Trust me, mucho amore’ for every DC movie from me.

4 Likes

It wasn’t a silly script though and last time I checked joker has more oscars than birds of prey. Oh wait birds of prey didn’t win any

No it won’t, but I’ll be happy with a good showing!

2 Likes

Wow Bop and Joker is tied

1 Like

Actually Joker won

1 Like

Watchmen is in my top 3, with Batman '89, and of course Green Lantern

2 Likes

I saw both on opening day. I left Watchmen so enchanted I couldn’t even believe what I just witnessed lol.

3 Likes

BoP hasn’t been considered yet. Not saying it will or even should be considered, but it won’t be able to be in the running until this year ends. Shouldn’t put down what someone else might like with such a flawed argument, with all due respect…

2 Likes

I’m not looking, but I will close the vote at 6. Best of luck to each of the films…

1 Like

I loved BOP just for the art of it. The costumes etc. the action scenes were incredible!!! Margot killed it as HQ. I bought that & JLD Apokolips War on my Appletv.

2 Likes