Crown the Greatest DC Film Tournament

Thanks @D4RK5TARZ!

@Pow-Pow Superman III? You’re my hero today.

5 Likes

This is a tough one for me… :flushed:
It is a very nice tournament you have got going @MovieAddict. Thank you for putting it together. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

One or two were too hard to answer-- Aquaman Vs Shazam? This one hurts me, @MovieAddict. And, I had to pick GL over Steel-- but was tempted to go the other way by Annabeth Gish and the self-defending wheel chair alone.

6 Likes

Some were out of placement and some were mercy kills. Unfortunately, Aquaman and Shazam! was placement as I was running out of pairings. I feel JLA and Watchmen were best because of the team situation b Batman vs Batman and Superman vs Superman were natural choices too.

2 Likes

I based my pick on that one between Annabeth Gish (whose character has an action figure in the Steel line) and Blake Lively.

Sure, Steel has a toyline by Kenner, but Green Lantern has Blake Lively.

3 Likes

I’m surprised that Suicide Squad and Joker are so close. In fact, the critical darling is losing to the compromised mess at the moment. Granted, the poll is following the way I voted, but considering that my problems with Joker begin and end with the presence of Bruce Wayne in the film, I expected to be in the vast minority.

6 Likes

I still can’t. I can’t!!! I hated the battle rounds on the Voice, too…

@Vroom

Blake Lively is very talented.

But please don’t discriminate against AnnaBeth

4 Likes

That was the hardest choice I did make.

1 Like

Perish the thought! Annabeth was graced by Kenner, therefore she is still a winner.

Meanwhile, Blake got bupkis from Mattel.

2 Likes

The hardest one for me was Superman Returns vs. Man of Steel. It was a tough choice between disappointment and disappointment. When I left the theater in 2013, the only thing I could think to say was that MoS was the best Superman movie since Returns. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Speaking of Returns, is it safe to assume your two pennies on the best Superman movie of 2006 would go toward the Brainiac Attacks side of things?

Powers Boothe and Lance Henriksen are wondering.

2 Likes

Yea, that was a fast, instinctive choice-- as was Dark Knight Rises vs Batman Returns. I might give the opposite answer in an hour, but for MovieAddict’s sanity I will leave things as is.

3 Likes

@MisfitCMJ Two major things that Returns has over Rises:

● A better Catwoman.
● A runtime that isn’t bloated with filler.

4 Likes

No, the best Superman movie of 2006 was a re-cut version of a Superman movie from 1980. :stuck_out_tongue:

You know, since SR was about a Lex Luthor land scheme, and since MoS was about General Zod invading the Earth, I can only assume that the next solo Superman film will feature a stand-up comedian building a supercomputer.

That one was easy for me. One of them vilified CEOs. The other one vilified Occupy Wall Street. I went with the anti-corporate choice. :wink:

8 Likes

I hope they get Jim Gaffigan.

4 Likes

I’m really surprised these are so close. I wasn’t really crazy about suicide squad

1 Like

Birds of Prey vs. Constantine was pretty tough for me, too. I like both movies.

That’s like the opposite of Richard Pryor, but at least he won’t have to water down his material for a family-friendly rating. On the other hand, we could hold off and save him for Nuclear Man in the remake of Superman IV.

3 Likes

@AlexanderKnox Sing a song on this ditty:

From the “long just to be long” group, state which movie is most in need of a better edit:

● Superman Returns
● The Dark Knight Rises
● BvS (I’m not counting the Ultimate cut as it didn’t fix all that much for me)

2 Likes

This is surprising but it makes me feel a little better for absolutely hating Joker. I saw it in the theater and was bored to death. When I watched it at home to give it another chance, that viewing was a little better but I still have it pretty low on my Superhero/Comic Book Movies Rated list for 2020.

4 Likes

Superman Returns is certainly the most bloated of those three. Almost everything before Clark’s arrival in Metropolis could be cut without losing a thing.

I didn’t find it boring at all. I just felt that the story it was trying to tell kept getting interrupted by unwelcome references to the DC source material. It’s as if Taxi Driver were turned into a comic book movie mid-production.

5 Likes