Crisis On Infinite Earths (šŸšØSPOILERšŸšØ)

Everything Iā€™ve seen w/ Stephen Loboā€™s casting says that heā€™s specifically playing Jim Corrigan, not necessarily the Spectre. I know the two are directly related, but maybe Corrigan will just serve as a gateway to the Spectre instead of the actual Spirit of Vengeance

1 Like

Finale was soooo fastā€¦ I could barely breathe!

OOHH so much going on that I needed a moment to take it all in. Out of all the crappiness that is CW, this was a good start to something great.

I really wish they had dragged out Oliverā€™s death. Or save it for last šŸ¤· but oh well!

4 Likes

Yup, thatā€™s what I said. Also why I mention the parallel Earth thing in the next comment how that scene wouldnā€™t fit in the Titans timeline we have because of it being a scene that would only fit in the original S1 finale.

2 Likes

Seeing people on social media upset the way Oliver died. At least he died in battle instead of randomly electrified to death like a certain other person :grimacing:

The theory that itā€™s a temporary death makes the situation of him and the other person Iā€™m referring to all the more similar lol

I am curious if people were emotional (tears) or if the shock of him dying in episode 1 was more overwhelming.

I havenā€™t followed Oliverā€™s journey (except the 2nd half of Season 3 and all of Season 4). So I was just shocked he dies early more so than sad. Which is why Iā€™m curious if people who have all the context to Oliver were emotional during the scene.

3 Likes

I wish I was. I just think it was too soon. If that exact scene was in the third part of crossover I would be crying.

4 Likes

It was really a mix of both for me. At first I didnā€™t believe it was actually happening, but seeing everyoneā€™s reactions, Miaā€™s especially, made it a lot more emotional

2 Likes

I was so thrill to see some Cameos like Bert Ward, Robert Whul and The Titans Robin and Hawk! I canā€™t wait to see whatā€™s next, Iā€™m looking forward to see Kevin Conroy and Tom Welling. It would be awesome if they added Lynda Carter Wonder Woman and Dean Cain Superman!
It was sad to see Oliver go, but they change the comic history to maybe save Kara and Barry, who were suppose to die.

5 Likes

I loved this episode. It was a great start to the crossover and wasted no time at all. Canā€™t wait for tomorrow!

3 Likes

@arkhamassassin I think Earth-16 was done to clear up the Connor Hawke/JJ Diggle issue (on Legends JJ was the future Green Arrow who used the alias Connor, but in the Arrow flash forwards they are 2 separate characters) by saying the Legends visited a parallel earth instead of future Star City. Unfortunately, this brief scene introduced new issues like 2 armed Ollie, and Sara supposedly dying on the Queenā€™s Gambit. On the Legends episode featuring this world Oliver had one arm and Star City ended up that way because Sara and the others never returned because they failed to stop Vandal Savage.

Oliverā€™s death didnā€™t have as much impact as seeing Supergirlā€™s world get destroyed and not knowing who made it out alive. Also, were Winn and the Legion wiped out too since they were in the future for a reality that no longer exists?

7 Likes

Oh man that was great. I did not see Oliverā€™s death coming. It was a worthy one and gave me a tear in the eye. Also, seeing the aged worn broken Oliver on the other earth get closure was beautiful.

I was surprised we didnā€™t see Kara more heartbroken. I had expected Melissa to pour her heart out in that scene with Argo. Maybe they held that back to focus on Ollieā€™s death, or maybe they are signaling that Kara is getting tired of loss, and closes her heart to it.

3 Likes

The ā€œdiscrepanciesā€ between the Legendsā€™ first visit to Earth-16 and their second visit can be easily explained by time travel.

Just because the Legends visited Earth-16 from 2019 doesnā€™t necessarily mean they went back there after the events of their first visit had happened for E-16 Oliver.

1 Like

Adding some criticism though, I think they have not used their time well introducing Pariah. Itā€™s messy and I hope there is more material later on that can put it together.
Half a season on Flash they could have done better. They should probably have used the original origin story which is much better.

2 Likes

Harbinger should have grabbed Robert Wuhl to help in the fight. Just saying.

4 Likes

Hour 1 was beyond iconic! Seeing Oliver die broke me, he canā€™t be dead!

Titans is actually connected to the Arrowverse! I still canā€™t get over it!

4 Likes

That is the beauty of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. The same was true in 1985. Everything is now canon. It solves all timeline problems. It essentially erases all timeline issues and connects all series.

Its like Star Trekā€™s answer to all timeline issues, have a Klingon go back in time and destroy Vulcan.

I figure DC tried to do the same thing with Flashpoint but it was not as successful as COIE; hence, the Rebirth.

3 Likes

Awesome first part. So many shocking moments that I donā€™t know how Iā€™ll be able to take another 2 more episodes and than a month long break before the last 2 episodes. Looking forward to seeing what happens on the Batwoman crossover tonight.

4 Likes

When the Adam West Batman theme was playing and Burt Ward was there, I was like ā€œDuuuuudeā€.

4 Likes

I will have to sit down later in the week to watch all the episodes, but I didnā€™t expect Oliver to die so early. But as was explained on the Aftermath show, they already spoiled that plot point, so the surprise was that it happened earlier.

I suspect Lian Yu will have something to do with what happens next to Oliver. Remember thatā€™s where he first encountered magic (Arrow Season 4) and it might explain what was really going on when he and Team Arrow returned to Lian Yu just before the Crisis.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not dead people, not yet at least. Theyā€™ll bring em back trust me. Stephen Amell wonā€™t go down that easy.

3 Likes

I loved the first episode. Had tons of action, I really like the interaction between Batwoman and Harbinger. I also really liked the Wil Wheaton cameo at the very beginning.

And the fact that they included Superman and Lois sending their son away on a ship as the planet is being destroyed is fantastic. and watching the after show with Kevin Smith, to find out that the dialogue for Superman and Lois in that scene is straight from Superman the movie is pretty awesome.

4 Likes