Crisis on Infinite Earths -Overview Thread- (Spoilers)

That’s true. A lot can happen in the two hours that are left. And we also don’t know which three Supermen it’ll be. We could get Hoechlin, Routh and Welling, or Hoechlin, Routh and Dean Cain, or Nicholas Cage, Gerard Christopher and Henry Cavil! (That last one seems less likely, but it would be cool)

1 Like

Fan service shouldn’t be predictable even though you are drawing from “revered” source material. This CW COIF is an adaptation so some twists and turns should be expected. And remember the younger fans of the Arrowverse may not know–or recognize–many of the actors who appeared (Burt Ward, Robert Wuhl, even Tom Welling?) Heck, I loved the brief flashback to a young Amanda Pays (Tina McGee) as John Wesley Shipp’s Flash ran for the last time. Would anyone watching under 30 recognize her? That was there for this old fan. Thank you Mark Guggenheim. That’s fan service. That said, I am still holding out for surprise appearances by Teri and Dean.

I actually had an alternate ending in mind where Grant’s Barry had disappeared and JWS’s Flash had to take over the rest of the season for him. so we see Shipp’s Barry meeting the Earth 1 Tina and developing a relationship.

2 Likes

Thus far, I gotta say that I really expected more from the CW. While the visual effects I think are pretty good, the story itself is making me want to gag. It really just feels like they’re using the crossover to get more people to watch Supergirl and Batwoman. Which is funny, since they feel like the most two-dimensional characters in the whole crossover considering that their only dialogue has really been nothing short of patting each other on the back for being two of the Monitor’s “Paragons”.

Furthermore, I found it all the more frustrating that they pulled that stupid twist at the end of part three with Lex Luthor. The more I see of this guy, the more I hate his version of Lex. Oh, and of course they would go ahead and kill off another character played by John Wesley Shipp instead of having the guts to sacrifice Earth-1 Flash and actually giving the first half of season 6 any value whatsoever.

I’ve liked seeing the brief cameos, and it was great to have Routh’s Superman around (hopefully he’ll be back). But thus far, the crossover really has been letting me down.

You actually thought they were going to either get rid Grant for an entire half season or kill him off entirely?

Not really, but it would have been a great way of subverting my expectations. Unlike what they did with the whole paragon of courage thing, which felt really pointless and predictable.