Crisis on Infinite Clubs-Wrap Up Discussion (SPOILERS)

He’s probably going to be The Spectre from now on.

1 Like

Or remain dead.

I think he might stop by once in a while. Strange he’d be narrating the creation of the new universe if he wasn’t in existence.

2 Likes

I agree. Maybe he is now part of the multiverse or something along those lines

This is so difficult! There were a lot great moments. I really enjoyed the end where they showed all of the different earths. It brought everything together in a hopeful way and I geeked out seeing the DCU shows, and sneak peek at STRIPE for Stargirl. The green lantern footage - was fun because it gave a look at the past Green Lantern movie, while us DC fans know a new Lantern show is on its way.

• Supergirl - she watched AGAIN as her world ended, then watched AGAIN as her family was taken away from her, and AGAIN suffered loss at the hand of Lex Luthor, (first her friendship with Lena, her Red Daughter doppelgänger, and Kingdom Come Supes). Her performance really conveyed the “I’m so done” mood, especially in her interactions with Lex.
  • Sara Lance - she has the most amazing character arc and backstory in the Earth Prime. She’s been through quite a ride and came out on top and runnin’ thangs! I stan.
  • Ryan Choi - I love him already. He’s so relatable. He seems like the kind of person that would be easy to talk to.
  • Black Lightning - FINALLY! He brings a new personality and I cannot wait to see how this crossover impacts his show.
  • Lex Luthor - He drove me nuts, and I loved every moment when was on screen.
2 Likes
  • I think it worked as an adaptation to the current CW shows. It had lots of references to the book. My favorite book-to-tv moment is when they quoted directly from the book. I wish Pariah was used a bit more in the show.
  • Not having a Wonder Woman really stood out. I’m sure there were reasons for it, but I missed having a Wonder Woman - or even a Wonder Woman reference - in the show.
  • Marv Wolfman’s appearance was a treat!
  • I’m still geeking out over Ezra Miller’s appearance
  • What happened to Oliver’s resurrected Lazarus Pit body? When he became the Spectre, did that mean he retrieved his body?
1 Like

I agree that Wonder Woman was missing. With Lynda carter already cameoing in supergirl before you’d think she’d play an alternate earth Wonder Woman.

1 Like

One thing that I didn’t even realize was missing until I watched it again was Psycho-Pirate who was teased at the very end of elseworlds right before the crisis logo and reverse flash. The original newspaper headline said he killed Barry in crisis and he said to Barry in the season 5 finale “see you in crisis”. All that said I didn’t notice they were missing until I rewatched the crossover so that shows how it wasn’t really needed. But psycho pirate played an important role during and post crisis in comics and there was literally a line reverse flash said saying he’d see Barry in crisis

1 Like

Loved all the cameos especially Lucifer, Ezra Miller, Robert Wuhl from Batman 89, Marv Wolfman, and Leonard Snart as the AI for the waverider.

The only problems that I had were waiting for a whole month after episode 3 to see episode 4 but once they explained them being their in the vanishing point that long it made more sense. Also wish the fights in the last two episodes were longer with the Anti-Monitor. Other than that really enjoyed seeing their interpretation of COIE.

3 Likes

-What was your favorite line/moment?
“You have failed this universe”
They came full circle and finished Oliver’s story so perfectly with him saving everything to have ever existed. Like he said in Lian Yu with Mia, without all the pain and this horrible place none of it would have happened.

-Which character stood out most to you?
Sara really stood out and became a leader amongst everyone, not just the legends. She’s had a such a great story arc and her character has grown so much. It really feels like going forward she’s going to have an important place at the table :wink:

-What cameo did you like the most?
Loved Lucifer because that was when I realized they were connecting property that was currently on and DC.

Ezra’s was the most unexpected and I still can’t believe they really decided to connect the DCEU with everything else. It just makes DC stand out from Marvel all the more to me. Also gives me hope for the DCEU and the Flash movie. I guess they’ll have to include multiverses in it after this

-How do you think it compared to the actual crisis comic?
I think they did a great job tying in a lot of source material while adapting it to the characters they had, and changing it enough so we were surprised watching it.

-What opinions do you have about anything that happened?
I can’t wait until next week. Seeing the aftermath in all the individual shows will be interesting to figure out.

I don’t know what to expect from the last episode of arrow but after crisis I’m happy with how they ended Oliver’s story. I’m curious how they’ll tie in the scene from arrow where Felicity goes through the portal in the future. Where exactly is she going?

2 Likes

-What was your favorite line/moment?

Ezra Miller showing up. I unfortunately had that spoiled because Grant Gustin posted it on Instagram and I got a notification on my phone right before the episode started on the West Coast. It still was amazing to see. There is just something about the JL/BvS actors/heroes that is really special.

-Which character stood out most to you?

Helena Wayne. I rewatched that clip so many times.

-What cameo did you like the most?

Smallville’s Clark. We got a good chunk of a cameo with Smallville. We got to know what his fate was. He’s happy and has a family. He deserves it.

-How do you think it compared to the actual crisis comic?

It can’t really compare. The comic is legendary, this crossover was fun.

-What opinions do you have about anything that happened?

Ryan Choi’s actor is really good at voice over monologue. I wish Black Canary would have been on here. I know we got Dinah Drake, but she was left behind in the bunker for some reason. Dinah Lance had her entire story in season 8 revolve around Crisis, but then didn’t appear in a single episode. Laurel Lance showing up again was a nice moment, but I don’t like that her agency was somewhat taken from her where the moment of her taking on a Cnary mantle and later making it her own by becoming the Black Canary is now a moment where Diggle gives her the okay. Finally getting Kevin Conroy in live action was sweet. Barry and Kara continue to have my favorite dynamic out of the leads. I can’t help but to smile when they’re on screen together.

2 Likes

You know for every show there’s someone who doesn’t care for it for good reasons or bad. Frankly, if this didn’t rock your socks off, there’s no helping you.

3 Likes

What I loved most about this crossover is that it was pure fan service. It was like a love letter to us, the fans. It got me back on board with the CW shows and I’m completely stoked about DCTV going forward.

3 Likes

I know. It had a huge impact on Supergirl and Batwoman which aired last night and seems like it will going forward.

1 Like

Cool, I’m about to watch both those shows now on the CW app.

1 Like

I did a rewatch and before Argo City is destroyed, Clark/Kal is telling Lois how he always pictured having more than one kid. And after the universe reboot, he has sonS (to his surprise).

The Ezra Miller cameo was the absolute best.

Lucifer was a nice touch, but they broadcasted it with Earth-666.

I am looking forward to the Aftermath. And by aftermath, i mean how this crossover affects the CW shows, not the after show as hosted by Kevin Smith. Because if there was one after the Crisis of CWverse, i failed to record it.

Captain Sara is a very effective leader. I’m also glad she has a seat at Flash’s new table. I also liked “Geek Team” and “Sky Team”. BUT! more points to Sky Team since it was Supergirl who called it out during the final battle.

1 Like

They did an absolutely fantastic job, but could they have done better with the restrictions and budget limitations…absolutely they could have. Higher budget could have given us more heroes more powers!! We could have gotten Batman and not just old Bruce. Nightwing, more Routh Superman in action. Maybe an actual green lantern appearance. Full Jim Corrigan Specter. They could have done even more amazing things. The possibilities are literally infinite

2 Likes

The fact that they got ezra to come out on the show still blows my mind :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Agreed! I am looking forward to watching the post crisis CWverse play out. Including Star Girl (or is it 1 word?)

2 Likes

Same here! And i think its right ahaha

1 Like