Crazy Theory: Deathstroke…Batman’s Uncle?

The ex-wife of Deathstroke is named Adeline Kane, batmans mother’s maiden Name Is Martha Kane. Slade is 53 years old bruce is around 30 years old in the eternal earth zero. it may be a coincidence but what if…Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke the Terminator is Bruce Wayne/Batman’s uncle-in-law? that would be a great twist to the Legend of these two.

10 Likes

Very Roy Thomas of you. :smiley:

1 Like

Had to look him up and am going to take that as a compliment as the guy introduced Conan the Barbarian’s stories to the comic world. =) i am a big fan of Robert E. Howard’s work especially Solomon Kane, Conan the Barbarian, and Kull of Atlantis…yes I have read the Wonder Woman/Conan crossover :grin:

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, it’d add a pretty cool layer to their dynamic. On the other hand, I feel like it’d be very Star Wars-y, and not in a good way.

2 Likes

He is notorious for connecting every person that has the same last name.

2 Likes

well really for it to truly matter the Wilson’s would need to remain married.

2 Likes

well, it more then the name as Adeline is a possibly retired drill Sargent, Kate Kane was kicked out of Westpoint (in at least two continuity) and Jacob Kane is a Colonel. would not really matter in Earth-1 as Martha is an Arkham in that particular universe…god i want to know what happens next in batman earth one.

3 Likes

So how do they connect to fictional newspaper mogul Charles Foster Kane and WWE wrestler Kane?

Was posted just before your reply.
my theory is based on a bit more than just the name although it’s still a bit thin. thus its a crazy theory.

3 Likes

The way I feel about this theory is the same way I feel about the ideas of Gambit being a Summers brother in the X-Men: in terms of legitimate story, it doesn’t work. In terms of crack-tastic, dumb funny stuff, imagining Slade at a Batman family reunion is absolutely hilarious.

Your talking to a guy who hates Scott summers here so ya I do not want gambet related to the guy =)… however i have started overthinking this concept as it did start out as a crack idea.
however it does somewhat depend on continuity the reason i mentioned Slade’s would have been 23 when bruce was born, Adeline would be around the same age, or could have been the baby of the family. also in some continuityies, Tomas was Just out of med school or still in med school depending on the continuity when bruce was born making bruces father in his late 20’s when he was born however I am not sure the age of Martha. bruce is 25 when he returns to Gotham and 26 when he gets shot in the east end. bruce is also about 30 in current cannon making it work a timewas as slade is 53. but ya its still a bit of a crack idea.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be too thrilled if this happened in continuity, but I won’t deny that it’s a good twist. Maybe I would’ve been more excited about the idea if it weren’t for the fact that there’s already been so much Batman/Deathstroke drama surrounding Damian and who his real father is. Still, we already know that the Kane family has strong ties to the military, so it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to think that Slade is technically one of Bruce’s relatives.

1 Like

How far have you read in it?

read both vol 1 and 2 of earth 1 batman.

I only got back into comics this last year so i have not covered much other then rebirth.

Read WW Earth 1?

No i have not, i mostly read bat and cat books.

try the other Earth 1 books

1 Like

I’ ll check some out i get threw the books I just purchased, however my favorite hero’s are those who if you cut them they bleed so its a bit hard for me to get into wonder woman and superman books.

So, Batman is Damian’s 2nd/1st cousin?