Pretty sure Jane is included as a character because so many people love her

1 Like

Crazy Jane is an awesome character but Robotman is the heart of the team

2 Likes

Forth wall break… I’m Crazy Jane Husband

1 Like

Superman and Ambush bug approves Doom Patrol cuz its the best DC TV Series

2 Likes

Definitely want to see more. Jane is easily the most interesting character, not to mention the actresses performance is amazing being able to play so many characters. Especially since while I never read Doom Patrol, from what I understand at least so far all her personalities are taken from the comics, so it isn’t like they custom made her personalities for her. Seriously she does great.

It does bother me she looks the same age in the 70’s as now, as unlike the rest of the team there is not an obvious reason for her apparently not aging. But hoping that will come eventually.

2 Likes

Love Jane, she’s very original even after all these years. I’m not a getting man but if where id put up the farm that she’s the inspiration behind M. Night Shamylan’s Beast from Split and Glass.

2 Likes

I think one is original…not sure. I think the Underground is Wayyyy different than the Hoard…and lastly from what I see she is not into guys that much and got bullied for looking queer and Latina…maybe she is? I don’t know…either way…maybe I have a chance? I don’t know…

1 Like

If you read other any Doom Patrol thread or posts around the community, you would know you aren’t the only one

What do you mean? I am on alot of the threads. What is your comment referring to specifically?

You asked if you are the only one. Pointless thread when there are countless Doom Patrol posts and threads that praise Crazy Jane. Could have made your original post in any other official weekly thread

Well yes that part is old this was made when it first came out. I was curious. And not everyone likes her and not everyone likes the whole DID thing and like she said in the last episode she is not a menu for people that like one more than another. I love them all. It sucks how lonely she has always been and not everyone getting her, loving all of her, and loving her for her.

@TX85.

1 Like

Jane is probably my favorite character in Doom Patrol and I even started doing a little bit of research on her. Apparently she has an unnamed personality in the comics that is a nun with a chainsaw. My favorite of her personalities in the show is by far Silver Tongue since things that she says turning into sharp metal projectiles and sometimes other sharp objects is pretty cool to me even if Silver Tongue’s appearance is kind of unappealing in comparison to some of her better-looking personalities like the lady with the cool blue eyes and the special effects don’t always look very good.

2 Likes

Again I have love for each one but that is me. And the actress is amazing.

1 Like

@RedAlice365
she is not a menu for people that like one more than another.

I thought it was really interesting when she made this statement, as we are human beings. We tend to like what we like.

Even with a person w/o DID, we like when a person is “being nice” or “being funny” - No one is exactly ecstatic about having to be around someone when they are “being mean” or “being boring”.

But we understand that these are just the different aspects of ONE person and that we can’t just pick and choose which parts of that person we want and leave the rest.

And while it kinda makes sense - thinking about it from the perspective in which we are usually dealing with ONE person with ONE personality that has different facets OR SEVERAL people and we can choose to say “see ya” to one of them and talk to another.
And if we get don’t like one, we can say “bye” to that one and seek out another.

I would imagine it’s very easy to feel as if you are dealing with several different people when interacting with Jane, and thus treat her accordingly - as Robotman did.

I imagine som eone saying to me, “You know, Kitty. I don’t really feel like hanging out with philosophical Kitty. Can you please bring out party Kitty and send philosophical Kitty on her way?” and I don’t really know how I would feel.

But it wouldn’t be pleasant.

“…But I don’t want to party right now. I can’t just MAKE myself feel like partying. And even if I manage it, I clearly PREFERRED being philosophical in that moment.”

I’d be offended to a notable extent, I think.

All of the personalities of Jane are what make her who she is.
I don’t think a person will ever feel “truly” loved/cared for until they also feel that they have been accepted for “all” that they are.

Jane is my favorite out of the Doom Patrol. Especially Silver Tongue.

3 Likes

@JoeAHall3.28470
Silver Tongue is crazy awesome! I believe that personality was created specifically for the TV series!

1 Like

I cannot imagine anyone else playing her she is soooo good! She is perfect for the part and is so talented as an actress. My favorite thing about the show hands down.

4 Likes

I hope they do an episode where Cliff enters her psyche and gets to see what the Underground looks like.

4 Likes