Crazy Jane Thoughts?

Am I the only one that loves Jane and Finds her interesting. Am I the only one more curious about her Origin for the show? Am I the only one curious to see DC make the Underground happen in the show somehow?..She is also a hero for People with DID. Robotman is adorable and sweet as a sidebar…"I can never began to image the tragedy that causes someone to split themselves that much. (Just to try to stay sane…to try to go on through any great pain. It is a Strength and Super Power in its own Right.)

12 Likes

I love her character also and the actress has done a great job with it.

2 Likes

All of this. Yes.
Crazy Jane is thoroughly intriguing. I am very interested to get to know more about her various personalities.

Seeing the Underground would be out of this world.

3 Likes

She’s one of my favorite characters on the show. Given that her personalities vary so radically she’s always interesting to bear witness to.

3 Likes

I feel like like people who have made the “Heroes with Disabilities in Comics in General being strong and powerful thing”…to me it is cool hopefully it minimizes Assholes… I don’t know hopefully. Hopefully change a heart…at it’s science to me her and I are not all that crazy. Just a defense program of the mind and maybe seeing the parts played out on screen especially if we where to explore the Underground people being all like hmm, hmm, I see how it all the Wonderland has a sense to the madness if you apply phycology to the backstory to again see the person behind the “Disability” does that make sense at all? I cannot think of a better way to say how beautiful this could potentially be if done right in service people with DID…in some form so others can see the Hero as well as ourselves.

I’ve had mental health issues for most of my life, so when Jane broke down, and locked herself in the room, it was super relatable. And on a lighter note, I’m also allergic to peanut butter, so I definitely felt her food allergy struggles too. Crazy Jane’s potential is endless, looking forward to seeing what they do with her.

4 Likes

She reminds me of my ex

2 Likes

I dont feel that she’s “crazy” at all but rather she developed 64 ways to deal with her past trauma. Which is a story I’d like to dive deeper into as I’m only on issue 30 something of Grant Morrison’s run. She’s definitely my favorite character so far with Cliff running a close 2nd. Loving Doom Patrol!!

5 Likes

@Oversizedgeek
Fun Fact: The name “Crazy Jane” was actually inspired by a series of poems by Yeats, in which the title character is named “Crazy Jane”.
:blush:

4 Likes

Ah, Yeats. Truly a poet.

5 Likes

That’s a really refreshing way of looking at it, @OverSizedGeek. Interesting perspective!

1 Like

read the comic mate don’t try and get an authentic backstory from shows

I love the concept behind Crazy Jane, but all the personalities we’ve seen so far, other than just Jane, all seem to be the same personality with just slightly different speech patterns.

You are one of those people that do not believe in DID are you? They are not at all like each other.

What I took from this episode is that Jane is not the original personality, just another one of the fragments formed to protect the original little girl’s psyche.

@BrightKnight
That is correct! Technically, Jane Morris would be considered perhaps the dominant personality, while Kay Challis is the original personality.

2 Likes

The Crazy Jane character is growing on me a bit more now, with episode 3. In episode 2, where she is losing it, that would be hard to handle, or take, it was always that way for her. However, she was in more control of herselves in this episode, and that works better for me.

MACJR

1 Like

She’s kind of a mixed bag for me. I really liked her in the first episode and a few scenes here in there in episodes 2 and 3 but I feel like a lot of her personalities come across as a bit try hard and edgy, but I really like the relationship she has with cliff. I like the “Jane” character but a lot of her personalities kinda fell flat for me.

Not a brag. But I hyped up how great she was & how happy I was Diane Guerrero was chosen to play her prior to the show. I’m fully satisfied. What great character!!

3 Likes

Yes I love the Actress. But yes I know Jane is not the original but she us the present Dominant.

1 Like