Crazy Cool Comic Ads

Isn’t this ad nuts?

Anyone else feel like thumbing through some comics and finding some interesting ads to share?

3 Likes

Apparently if you buy three boxes of fig newtons you get a detective 27. I’d eat the fig newtons regardless.

I wonder if they’d still honor this offer if I sent it in…

3 Likes

Cool idea for a thread! One of my favorite parts of collecting comics is seeing the different ads!
Here’s one

From this comic!

3 Likes

I wonder if we could find someone who actually won it? That’s pretty cool

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be interesting! (And thanks!)

1 Like

I’ve always been fond of the snack cake ads.

9 Likes

I just went through a bunch of facsimile editions, check these out:

7 Likes

Oh boy, yeah. Those snack cake ads are the best.

I’m quite fond of the Three Musketeers ads from the early '90s. As well as ads for toys and theatrical/home video releases of movies.

5 Likes

I’m a Superman/Superboy fan. I don’t know that it’s a secret. For some reason a movie add that has burned into my memory was (I believe) during Reign of Supermen. 1993, yeah? It was an important time in my life and I’ve become very nostalgic about it. Anyway…

6 Likes

Screenshot_2020-04-05 DC Universe

I still want one of these— and I want it to look like the picture!

6 Likes

Here is another one

From the back of this comic

4 Likes

Baking soda-fueled wonders of joy, @MisfitCMJ. :+1:

3 Likes

Here is a few more
From here

5 Likes

Im really glad to see some interest in this thread! I love all the ads. The ads might be what I love most about comics, especially older comics. (I still love reading comics). The stories and art are kind of timeless most of the time but the ads really connect an issue to that time period.

This beat up issue has it all. Ads for guns! Crabs? Yikes!
And a chance to be in the Superman movie…did anyone win this and appear in the movie for real?

3 Likes

Id love to hear that record. Anyone ever hear it? Does it suck?:joy:

5 Likes

this a pre-cassette Walkman I guess…just barely before my time

4 Likes

2 out of 3?

4 Likes

Oops the bill and ted was the video game not the movie release

2 Likes

Ok so we have a hostess Twinkie ad on the thread. Heres a hostess cupcake add. Apparently these aliens thought earth was garbage and wanted to blow it up until Superman gave them hostess cupcakes. They were so good it made them change their minds. Makes sense to me! :cupcake:

6 Likes

I bet that comic con was wicked pissa!

2 Likes