Crazy Comic Conspiracy Theory About the End of Dark Crisis

Ok, Disclaimer: Everything said here is a guess/hypothesis it is likely not going to happen.

Note there are some minor spoilers for batman 125 and 128 and Tim Drake: Robin 1.

Dark Crisis is going to end with Batman And Catwoman finally after almost 83 years of romance are going to get married.
Every crisis since rebirth has had a party at the end of it. James Tynion IV said he had a 3-year plan for Batman, and stated he Brough his successors in on it. Tynion’s run had the famous batman and Catwoman taking a one-year break…and his run started in January of 2020…almost 3 years ago. When he left the book, Joshua Williamson took over before Chips started. Williamson has Bruce Rejecting Talia in the shadow war, sighting Selina.

Chip Zdarsky Took over as writer after Williamson and he has this panel in it.

Chip’s run has this panel, meaning this is taking place takes place Before Dark Crisis.

Howard let slip some interesting comments during this interview
Catwoman: Tini Howard Sets Up Selina for a New Big Score | Popverse.

Also interesting in that article is she mentions what Tom King and clay manning was doing with Batman and Catwoman. This was just before or after Batman/Catwoman 12 was released. Also interesting is Howard’s run has yet to hit the events of the second part of Batman 125.

Most interesting is Tim Drake’s Robin Gives us a timeline of how much time has passed since he moves out…bruce knows he moves out so this puts the timeline at dark crisis likely lasting 6 weeks as failsafe ends before Dark Crisis but Tim Drake Robin is post Dark Crisis.

but i could not get the idea out of my head and looked into and I think it is possible. Is it going to happen?.. I give it a .00009% chance A batcat wedding is on the way.
But what do you guys think?

3 Likes

I don’t think so. Especially considering that Ram V’s current run on Detective Comics is really playing on the dynamic between Bruce and Talia. But hey, nothing’s impossible.

4 Likes

She dropped him down a hole…and seemed to want to break him. Talia is also likely feeling scorned. and ram V did write the last BatCat Live interaction However, there is a reason i am calling this a Crazy Comic Conspiracy Theory

i mean i’m not interested in dark crisis, therefore not reading it (well i’m reading young justice dark crisis but that’s only because its young justice and they’re the b e s t ), therefore i don’t know enough about it to form an opinion. but honestly if there was a batcat wedding i’d read it. selina and bruce have been in this stupid will they/won’t they for too damn long.

1 Like

Dark Crisis seems to be mainly promoting a new Titans team that will be led by Nightwing. As for the daughter of Batman and Catwoman who is the Huntress being used by Geoff Johns, this Huntress maybe is from the future.

3 Likes

I really like how you put the theory together! It was an interesting read. However, I don’t give it much chance of coming true. If Dark Crisis was going to end with Bruce and Selina getting married then Catwoman would probably feature a bit more prominently in Dark Crisis. I honestly can’t remember if she’s appeared in it at all yet, but, if she did, it was probably just for a brief cameo. You’ve got a cool theory, but I think you’re right in guessing that it likely won’t come true.

2 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t mind, but I don’t know if it’s going to be a done deal by the end of Dark Crisis – they would want to build up to it, for real this time. I think Zdarsky definitely has plans for Selina for his run (he wouldn’t have had her in a back-up story if he didn’t), plans that he’s worked with Howard on, and they’ll want to do their own version of it.

3 Likes

She has not…and has not been in a crisis event for a whiel.

1 Like

Doomsday Clock 12 mentions Batman has a lost daughter and this seems to be the Huntress that Geoff Johns is using in Justice Society. This Justice Society Huntress is probably the daughter of Batman and Catwoman. Other heroes also have lost legacies such as Jay Garrick has Judy Garrick.

3 Likes

Oh…ya that makes sense i really bearly knew about Helena Wayne back then and was thinking it meant Athanasia al Ghul. side note: i went and double checked it and G-5 likely refers to the Future State…but will we get a marvel crossover so thor and superman can fight?

2 Likes

All of the characters from the many mythologies are public domain so dc can use them. DC does have norse gods also. There is a golden age Wonder Woman story where she fought valkyries, and met Odin and Thor. This golden age story probably influenced Marvel comics norse gods.

2 Likes

ww She just recently fought the Norse gods.
however marvels may have been introduced a short time before that. in Venus.

2 Likes

Sort of…from what I remember others saying, Future State took some of the ideas that were going to be in 5G but made into a more standard dark, dystopian future. As for the Marvel crossover they hint at the end – as awesome as that would be, I don’t think we can take them literally. The point of that segment in Doomsday Clock is a meta-narrative idea of how there will always be a Superman, years and decades and even centuries from now, for as long as there are people to tell his story.

4 Likes

It seems 5g was about assigning specific years to events, making superman and batman old. The 5g timeline seems used in The Other History Of The DC Universe which can be interpreted as elseworlds like linearverse. Some of the 5g timeline maybe was used in the elseworlds linearverse story called Generations Forged. So far, DC has not used the elseworlds linearverse again. The history books Generation One to Generation Five were being revised (based on interviews) probably to remove the specific years but these history books have not been released yet (Looks like the history covers by Gary Frank were used in Death Metal instead). Based on previews, generation 1 is Jay Garrick during the golden age, generation 2 is Barry Allen during the silver age and bronze age, generation 3 is Wally West probably in post crisis, generation 4 seems like post flashpoint. The generation 5 stories for old superman and old batman maybe were converted into elseworlds stories called Future State.

1 Like

G-5 flash would be Jess Chambers

2 Likes