CP Art Dumps

Reading Tim’s original Robin run for the first time, and empathizing with some of Steph’s anger.

23 Likes

Cone Older stuff parking zone Cone

Here’s Bruce.

Someday I’ll be able to draw without a reference. :flexmentallo_dp: Today is not that day.
Model ref courtesy of: vishstudio on dA

Just more anatomy practice, this time with Babs as my victim. Couldn’t decide which version to post, so putting both up. Not as crazy about the face on this one, but focus was on the body, so #excuses.

Model ref: Shutterstock

Fan Art Club’s August challenge: Recreating Gustav Klimt’s “The Kiss” with Lois & Clark.

9 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

This is a weird day for timing! Broken-Knight messaged me JUST when I was writing about their question, and now you’re replying JUST when I was about to message you.

I found this a second ago and thought you might like it: https://www.pixilart.com/

And thank you!

2 Likes

Can I ask what style are you going for? More realistic or more comic looking?

2 Likes

Thank you cynical! I’m definitely going to check this out!

2 Likes

I have no idea. :sweat_drops: Mostly, I’m just trying to get a feel for which body parts go where and bend in which way, which I suppose applies to either :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok give me a quick minute. I think I can help , maybe, a little. My style is more comic book looking, so lol :joy:

3 Likes

You’re great, and any help appreciated!

4 Likes

ok I’ve highlighted the muscles that should be shown and others that could be shadowed. This was super fast btw, the form was good and position was ok. I think putting some lighter tone on the muscles would help show off the definition of them a lot better. I say all of this with love :heart:. Don’t hate me :pray:t2::rofl:

4 Likes

No hate!!! I know it’s hard to get people to believe this claim, but I’m legitimately critique-friendly for art stuff!

And thank you, this makes for very good study. The only part that wouldn’t quite apply is his leg; the model I was referencing had both straight down (not quite sure what he was doing with the one hand… pointing in the direction of the restroom?)

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure it looked like based on his hand that he had a elevated leg but that’s either way lol :joy:.

2 Likes

I personally think your pose looks more natural than what was going on in that photography studio :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:, I still like yours . I use references all the time so don’t feel bad . Even rob liefeld puts out his action figures for poses . Lol :joy: I do the same thing .

3 Likes

I’ve done so many studies on faces that I feel completely incompetent when it comes to bodies :scream: I need to hunker down and study some basic anatomy.

3 Likes

I’m srry was driving home not ignoring you. I’m kinda the opposite I’ve done so much practicing on poses and proportions ( on my own) and not that much on faces lol :joy:

3 Likes

extremely late reply, but i didnt think you were ignoring me! as you can see, im queen of late responses. -bow-

4 Likes

It’s very nice love the shading and shadows u did a fantastic job

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

Bump~

3 Likes