Countdown to Three Jokers!

geoff-johns-three-jokers-cover-1124337

"Thirty years after Batman: The Killing Joke changed comics forever, Three Jokers reexamines the myth of who, or what, The Joker is and what is at the heart of his eternal battle with Batman. New York Times bestselling writer Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok, the writer/artist team that waged the “Darkseid War” in the pages of Justice League, reunite to tell the ultimate story of Batman and The Joker!

After years of anticipation starting in DC Universe: Rebirth #1, the epic miniseries you’ve been waiting for is here: find out why there are three Jokers, and what that means for the Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime. It’s a mystery unlike any Batman has ever faced!"

Yes. That DOES say "August 25, 2020!!! It’s almost here!!! I’ve been waiting for this story for SOOOOOOOO long!!!

Only seven weeks away!!! That is less than two months!!!

Who is excited?

Who hopes Jason Todd will be the Bat Family Cover for October?

22 Likes

When does it release.

2 Likes

Been looking forward to it ever since this panel from Justice League #50

12 Likes

@GeoffJohnsFan2020
August 25th

4 Likes

Very excited for it – from what Johns and Fabok have talked about it, it sounds like this is meant to be a magnum opus, and I really hope it lives up to the hype. :smiley:

5 Likes

10 Likes

That’s SIIIIIIICK!!!

7 Likes

Fabok has said that as much as it sucks that Covid disrupted the release the way it did, it did give him the opportunity to go back and fine tune art he otherwise wouldn’t have been able to. The delay is also the reason he could do the special variant covers. So rest assured that when we hold issue number 1 in our hands, it will be the absolute best from one of the best artists in the business.

6 Likes

Is it going to have anything to do with the Joker War?

2 Likes

@Behemoth To the best of my knowledge- no.

Having said that, no one really knows for sure whats in the story itself (we’ve just gotten teases here and there). So they may reference it in some way.

3 Likes

Here are the other preview pages released so far

8 Likes

The idea of the symbol also working as a spot light is so dumb and yet so awesome. :laughing:

Oh, and for anyone curious, Fabok actually tweaked the looks for the leads of Batman, Batgirl and Red Hood for this series.

I legit would love to see these in the main universe, especially Barbara’s.

Here’s Fabok’s sheets for the Three Jokers as well.

7 Likes

Jason Fabok, talking about the delay-

4 Likes

I can’t wait for this book!

5 Likes

I’ll be shocked if it’s not Jason!

Super excited for this book and how they describe their approach to the characters.

1 Like

Rictus smile Joker fish? Take my money now!

4 Likes

I don’t understand… is it a black label book? And if so… is it not part of continuity? So the in continuity statement of there being three Jokers is still going to be a mystery even after this series?

Asking because the picture attached to this article has the black label logo on it, and I believe the black label stuff is all supposed to be out of continuity, I think.

2 Likes

Geoff Johns had made a statement that he considers it in continuity back when it was announced. I think Black Label was announced around the same time, and someone else said Black Labels are out of continuity… since then the definition of Black Label has changed to pretty much just be ‘for adults.’ For example, The Killing Joke is a Black Label book, and at least some aspects of it are still in continuity.

I think whether Three Jokers is considered in continuity will depend on whether the main book writers decide to reference any events in the series down the road.

7 Likes

Can’t wait!

1 Like

DC Continuity is wonky AF as it is…

For instance in Harley’s book she’s in California doing stuff and at the same time she’s in Gotham doing stuff in the Batman books. I think Continuity is relative…especially while dealing with a Multiverse.

10 Likes