Countdown to Infinite Crisis/Crisis events

I want to people to come together to talk about Crisis On Infinite Earths, Zero Hour, Identity Crisis, anything you know about Nth metal pre Dark Knights Metal (please don’t spoil Metal for me, I know I’m behind), and anything Countdown to Infinite Crisis. I’ll be reading Infinite Crisis soon and I want to know more about the old Egyptian tales. (Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Blue Beetle, Captain Marvel/Shazam, Dr. Fate, ect.) Any reading material for Dr. Fate would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

So I don’t know where you are at, but if you want to catch up to metal. The entire continuity resets post flashpoint. So if you are reading to get current, maybe just jump ahead to rebirth.

1 Like

After the Countdown to Infinite Crisis one-shot, there are four six issue mini-series that lead into Infinite Crisis:

-Day of Vengeance
-The OMAC Project
-The Rann-Thanagar War
-Villains United

Each of those series has a follow-up one-shot. They are:

-Day of Vengeance Infinite Crisis Special
-The OMAC Project Infinite Crisis Special
-The Rann-Thanagar War Infinite Crisis Special
-Villains United Infinite Crisis Special

One of the more important Infinite Crisis lead-ins from the ongoing books was the Sacrifice crossover in the Superman line, as it focused on the fate of a prominent (to put it mildly) villain from the Countdown one-shot.

Sacrifice can be found in the following:

-Superman (1986-2006) #218: prelude
-Superman #219: part 1
-Action Comics (1938-2011) #829: part 2
-Adventures of Superman (1987-2006) #642: part 3
-Wonder Woman(1987-2006) #219: part 4, the finale

Adventures of Superman #643 and Wonder Woman #220 serve as epilogues to Sacrifice, but they aren’t necessary to the overall story.

You can then go into Infinite Crisis from this point. The vast majority of the other tie-ins are incidental and are not crucial to the overall story. They’re fun to read, sure, but they are not essential to understanding and enjoying Infinite Crisis.

Adventures of Superman #643 aside, all of the above books are available on DCU.

2 Likes