Countdown To DC Universe Infinite

One of the most surprising things about Sensation Comics #1 is how the pilot of the 1977 Wonder Woman series takes entire scenes from it whole cloth… it really wears its comic influences on its sleeve.

8 Likes

I hope they keep all the archived television shows in DC universe infinite cuz I’m still watching them.

3 Likes

Not likely, sad to say. But hey kids: Comics!

3 Likes

Thankyou so much for your comments on comic I posted each day @HubCityQuestion, I really enjoy reading them.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m committed to this entire 120 day endeavor! You post a cover, and I’ll post and comment on a piece of interior art.

4 Likes

Was reading this one today again actually, I love how even at the beginning, there’s a feeling of being one step ahead of the criminals… the shot full suit when the crooks turn around is iconic.

2 Likes

This is actually really adorable. Love that you remembered to add the falling hat!

2 Likes

117 more days til the launch of DC Universe Infinite, Today we’ll be looking at a classic story, when The Flash meet The Flash for the first time! :flash_hv_1:
220px-Flash_v1_123
The Flash #123

9 Likes

That’s a good one! Definitely going to enjoy a re-read

1 Like

The creation of the DC multiverse in this issue wasn’t just for the diehard fans — it was an indulgence by Gardner Fox himself. Gardner was never too happy that the years of work he did on Jay Garrick’s Flash stories were swept under the rug when the new kid Barry Allen showed up — so FLASH #123 was Fox’s way of ensuring that his original comics would continue to play a part in the DC Universe. In fact, he even made sure that his own name would be part of the story, reminding readers exactly who was responsible for those comics:

This implies that all the comic writers of Golden Age heroes exist as themselves on the Pre-Crisis Earth-One!

Decades later, Grant Morrison would borrow this idea that comic books were the windows into parallel worlds as a cornerstone of THE MULTIVERSITY.

8 Likes

116 more days til DC Universe Infinite launches, today we’ll be looking at the two Green Lanterns. So here we go!:grinning:

Green Lantern #40

8 Likes

Unlike yesterday’s selection, this is not the first time that these two multiversal counterparts have met. But it is the first time we get an origin story for the Guardians of the Universe — as well as the first appearance of Krona, who we’ll learn is not only responsible for unleashing evil in the universe, but the splintering of the multiverse as well.

7 Likes

115 more days til DC Universe Infinite launches, today character is Aquaman, This story is a 1993 mini-series.:slightly_smiling_face:

Aquaman: Time and Tide #1

7 Likes

“Time and Tide” is basically Peter David’s “Aquaman: Year One” in all but name. Unlike the original and current versions of Aquaman’s history, David’s vision of Aquaman of the 90s was as the son of King Atlan, who grew up in Atlantis. (This is, incidentally, the same version we see in Bruce Timm and Paul Dini’s Animated Universe, and in the animated Harley Quinn.)

This miniseries, taking place before “JLA: Year One,” shows us Aquaman’s first encounter with the surface world, where he starts meeting other heroes for the first time, and even earns his nickname.

7 Likes

114 more days til DC Universe Infinite launches, today we’ll be looking at the famous DC team, Justice League Of America. :grinning:

Justice League Of America #0
:batman: :superman: :wonderwoman:

7 Likes

After breaking apart the Justice League in the still-controversial IDENTITY CRISIS, this post-INFINITE CRISIS team relaunch is where Brad Meltzer begins to build them back up again. And he does it by doing something that, somehow, no writer ever did before him with the Justice League: positioning the “Trinity” of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman right at the core of the group. The idea of these three heroes being the heart of DC is a relatively new one, as I wrote about in detail for a column last February. The mark of this issue is that, finally, the idea of the Trinity is positioned as a stone cold fact.

Also, kind of amused how this panel is an inverse of Wonder Woman’s appearance in Batman v Superman.

(“I thought she was with you.”)

9 Likes

Just found this thread and I really like the idea. I’ll start working on catching up cant wait to dive in! Thank you @Lincolnfan78 for starting this thread!

2 Likes

113 more days til DC Universe Infinite launches, today character is The Question.:slightly_smiling_face:

The Question #34

8 Likes

Thankyou so much for your comment, and your welcome.:grinning:

2 Likes

I’m worried… what’s happening to Young Justice? Is it moving to HBOmax? If so are they keeping it or cancelling it after season 4 since they only do live action shows??? If they cancel my show again we are gonna have PROBLEMSSSSSSS.
And are they keeping the community?

1 Like