Countdown to All-New DC HORROR IMPRINT: Nice House On The Lake, The Conjuring, & More Releasing 6.1.21!

Cinema Wasteland, eeeh? We’ve got ScareLA and Midsummer Scream over here yonder. Looks like they’re actually planning on having them this year… I’ll have to check out Cinema Wasteland! The two I’m referencing seem more about haunts than film.

5 Likes

Cinema Wasteland features table and tables of b-movies. They also play movies but I have enjoyed way too many spirits to even attempt to sit through a movie screening. They also always have the artist that created the Necronomicon for the movie. I have also shared drinks with the producer of Microwave Massacre. He was pleasantly surprised to hear my critique of the movie and then he shared many humble brags including names like Wes Craven and Quinton Tarantino. While this was happening my friend ended up hanging out with Tom Atkins of Halloween 3 fame. (Incidentally, my friend has repeatedly told me how much he disliked that movie, which always makes me laugh considering the amount of he time he was at that table)

6 Likes

Sounds like a good time!

3 Likes

Those conventions sound amazing!

3 Likes

Loved The Nurse!

4 Likes

It’s funny how Halloween III gets so much flack. Literally…Judge me, it’s fine. Season of the Witch is one of my top five favorite horror movies of all time.

3 Likes

Definitely get up to date…it’s so worth it!

And to be honest, the first Annabelle was actually my least favorite of all The Conjuring films…now the subsequent ones…totally different story. Creation terrified me. Like…gave my gut that feeling you know. And Annabelle comes home was just a fun ride all around.

Gotta ask, favorite Universal monster?

4 Likes

It was a creepy little short. Loved it!

3 Likes

Oh, that is a hard one. I feel like Frankenstein has the best story and special effects. Plus I enjoyed Bride of Frankenstein too. Dracula is a close second.

5 Likes

Here is The Nurse if anyone is interested. 2 minutes of great horror! Maybe this will help get you in the vibe for The Conjuring: The Lover!

Hey there! While it might not be in my top 5 or 50*, it does have a special place in my memories. I really enjoy it whenever I put it on, which happens about once every other year. I LOVE that annoying commercial song and it is on a playlist of random tunes that are played almost daily. That song on the other hand doesn’t come up too often but that is to be expected when there are like 30 hours of songs.

*Please keep in mind that I have watched way too many horror movies and I generally gravitate towards the low-budget shot on video 80s/90s flicks that littered video stores in that era or weird 70s Italian horror flicks.

Here is my ranking for The Conjuring movies. While I loved The Nurse, it is only 2 minutes and I feel it wouldn’t be fair to rank it higher.

3 Likes

I do wonder if David Romero is related to a certain DC Comic creator of Toe Tags and director of the best horror movie ever made?

2 Likes

I am going to say yes. He has a Twitter CinemamindDavid. His art is mostly horror. Couldn’t find any reference to toe tags in my short search but it looks like has made comics.

4 Likes

Just looked it up, like I probably should have done in the first place. David Romero is not George A. Romero’s son. However, speaking of horror comics, George C. Romero is the director’s son and is in the process of working on Night of the Living Dead comic through Heavy Metal!!! On top of that, he is working on a prequel to Night of the Living Dead!!!

5 Likes

How many more days till the new Conjuring Book? I feel like I’ve been hanging here forever.

conjuring

6 Likes

Has everyone read the articles above? I’ve read and re-read them there is so much good stuff in there about the both new series.

5 Likes

Tomorrow is the day!!! We will be getting both Conjuring and Nice House On The Lake!!! DC Horror is coming at us with a bang and I am here for it.

4 Likes

My comic shop sold out of the variant covers for each title but I am the proud owner of both Conjuring and Nice House On The Lake!

4 Likes

The Conjuring: The Lover is a fun read. There are two stories and both are excellent. I really enjoyed that they included fake advertisements that harken back to older comics.

3 Likes

Nice House On The Lake, the less said the better. I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone planning on reading this book. I will say it goes from normal to WTF quickly.

4 Likes

I picked up the books on ComiXology. Just finished NHOTL. Just a heads up you only get the A cover no variants with this edition. Just as @D4RK5TARZ said don’t want to spoil anything, it is a doozy. I am glad to finally have an explanation for the symbols on the cover.

4 Likes