Could Someone Please Explain the New Golden Age to Me?

First of all are they on earth one or earth 2 are Star girl and red arrow prime earth or earth 2 and if it is earth 2 how are they coming back wouldn’t they already be there let me know if I’m totally missing the point :joker_hv_1:

4 Likes

Prime Earth.

6 Likes

In doomsday clock 12, the justice society was restored on prime earth.

5 Likes

So golden age green arrow and prime green arrow are on the same earth but golden age green arrow got lost in time

3 Likes

No they are the same person. Regular Ollie was temporarily brought back in time.

4 Likes

Ohhhhhh

2 Likes

Earth 2 is a alternate earth history where the justice society are the new heroes and are at war with Darkseid. The earth 2 heroes are reinvented here to be of the modern era where Jarrick, Alan, and Hawkgirl are young heroes.

Meanwhile Prime earth justice society was restored back as the original heroes of the 1940s. It’s been established through the Flashpoint beyond series that the time masters had collected people from their era who existed in the prime earth history but were removed long ago.

Get ready because this will get confusing.

Stargirl and red arrow from the prime earth discovered that the Justice society had a lost legacy who were taken by a villain called childminder. When they disappeared the world forgotten the justice society legacy heroes through the crisis events and Dr. Manhattan manipulation of the time line.
I don’t believe the childminder aren’t connected with the time masters, rather the childminder had taken the children in the timeline and the Justice society are unable to remember them.

There is also the stranger. A dimensional being seeking to destroy the justice society and Helena Wayne from the future is the only one to stop him. The stranger and the childminder aren’t connected.

Basically the lost 13 heroes of the era were thrown violently back in the continuity and the stranger and childminder are the effects of it.

There is hopefully somebody here who could explain the stranger and childminder to you better because right now I know only that they were responsible for causing the problem for the JSA in the future and the past.

3 Likes

If you want to see the story where this is shown, check out the Stargirl Spring Break Special, which is sort of a prequel to the current Lost Children series.

5 Likes

I still don’t see the point of having both Supergirl and Powergirl on the same Earth

3 Likes

We now have 2 characters called Huntress who are quite similar (both are named Helena). Can probably come up with a better timeline in the future.

2 Likes

It takes place on Prime Earth after Doctor Manhattan’s alteration to the timeline, which is a big part of why Prime Earth is so different from Earth 2, was undone by recent events. Flashpoint Beyond should also be read first, and Watchmen must be read before Doomsday Clock. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

[SPOILERS]

They both exist because Prime Earth is the product of so many multiversal rearrangements. Helena Wayne was an Earth-Two character, and her doppelganger Helena Bertenelli was from Earth-Eight, if I remember correctly. They were all smushed together during Crisis on Infinite Earths, and the resultant “New Earth” went through about a zillion other cosmic events before creating Prime Earth.

2 Likes

What titles are involved with the new golden age? is there a list?

1 Like

It is currently 2. An upcoming Legion of Superheroes is coming at some point.

2 Likes

Thanks, what are the 2?

2 Likes

Justice Society and Stargirl.
V1

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

You also might want to check out the New Golden Age one-shot special since it sets up Justice Society. In addition there are Who’s Who pages at the end of the book that introduce the new characters. But be warned, only the Aquaman page is from a “real” character. All the rest are fake except for Mr. Miracle who has a revised origin.

2 Likes