Could Batman and Harley Quinn work as a couple?

Could Batman and Harley Quinn workout as a couple? It’s a honest question and I welcome everyone thoughts and opinions

1 Like

I would say no in regular continuity but I kind of thought that was where Curse of the White Knight was heading.

3 Likes

No. They are two absolutely “broken people” that will never be whole by themselves. Bringing that into a relationship just eventually ends up toxic in some manner, shape or form.

4 Likes

I can’t see it. Even if she wasn’t in clown makeup and costume as often as she is- she’s too bubbly and cheery for Batman. She would get on his nerves.

1 Like

You mean team up. I’m sure there could be a way. But to date, no the girl is crazy.

1 Like

I don’t think Harley (even with all her training and Knowledge) could handle the Dead Parents thing Brucey boy has going on

I can see them team up (and indeed they have), but as a couple? Certainly not!

I think the greater question in all this is that if Batman and Harley Quinn DID get together, what would be the catalyst to break them apart?

Assuming that Batman reveals his secret identity and gives Harley one so that they can go out in public, I think the challenge of balancing a double identity is what would inevitably push Harley to break it off.

I don’t know. Maybe. That said I much prefer her with Poison Ivy.

1 Like

They could team up. Batman and Harley Quinn DC Animated movie is a fun example of this.

But to be a couple, which implies a sustained emotional & sexual relationship. No way. That is a train wreck just waiting to happen.

1 Like

If she got significantly less homicidal, I could see her and Dick maybe having something for a bit. With the right writer, her and Jason having a thing could be crazy interesting. But Bruce? Bruce can barely stand Stephanie Brown, let alone Harley.

1 Like

Harley and Grayson…that’s an FWB at best.

Could be a fun train wreck though :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, it’s definitely 98% sex for like two months tops

1 Like

It works in Sean Murphy’s White Knight/Curse of the White Knight, but in that universe the two characters are in very different places.

As they are in regular continuity? Hell no. At most, they would be a one-night stand that both would regret.

3 Likes

I totally agree with everyone on here, there is no way. Bruce would be annoyed and likely unable to focus if he had a relationship with Harley

1 Like

Batman and Harley Quinn thevdid and neither of them regretted it. But the comedy they get out of it when Batman finds Nightwing with HQ is pretty darn funny.

Nope , we all seem to forget Bruce can’t kill ,so the joker will keep fanning the flames of his anger in that relationship until he just kills him gets closesure and moves on with his life heal and then Love again.

Haven’t read White Knight, but to everyone saying Bruce wouldn’t have the patience for Harle, I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t have the patience for him either lol

2 Likes

No. I don’t think so. He might date Dr. Quinzel. But he would never stick with Harley. Harley is too dangerous and unpredictable to be with. If she becomes emotionally distraught it could get people killed. Take Heroes in Crisis for example. Ivy got killed and Harley went crazy. She’s willing to listen. But that doesn’t mean something else might not break her. I don’t think Batman needs or wants that in his life.