šŸ˜ Costume Glow-Up! šŸ˜

On the topic of ā€œa pop of color in the Batsuitā€ @JeepersItsTheJamags and @moro, the design in Batman & The Signal has an interesting look. It reminds me of @KamAndi80ā€™s Batman Rebirth shirt with the yellow outlining the symbol. Though itā€™s not my favorite, it looks great with Dukeā€™s Signal suit and is a great match to this unique art style.

Have you read this short series? (Itā€™s a fresh new take on the Batman stories and a short, fun read!)

What do you think of this costume?

4 Likes

I really like this costume, too! :smiley: I also think that the way the cape attaches around the breastplate is visually interesting.

3 Likes

Nice catch, @ZatannaAndHerSpells! I agree!

2 Likes

Didnā€™t read that one, but this doesnā€™t look all that different from his Rebirth suit (aside from the shape of the bat symbol). Popular costume, for sure.

I personally would love to see this return:

3 Likes

That is definitely the model they used for inspiration, @moro! There are some details that have been customized to this series but mostly a mock-up of the Rebirth suit. You are a walking DC Encyclopedia! Thank you! :blush:

3 Likes

Not sure Iā€™m worthy of that praise, given the amazingly knowledgeable members we have, but very much appreciated nonetheless @KeyFamily :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You are most welcome, @moro! If you do not consider yourself among them (yet), than you are at least a ā€œJunior Recruitā€. :smile:

1 Like

in spite of myself, iā€™ve grown fond of batmanā€™s rebirth suit over time. i got used to the absence of trunks and think it doesnā€™t look nearly as bad as superman sans-trunks, i like the weird belt, and if i could marry the purple lined cape, youā€™d all be invited to the wedding

2 Likes

thatā€™s a cool observation!

2 Likes

I just finished reading Damian: Son of Batman (4-parter). Initially this suit turned me off with the high collared coat, but the more I read the more I liked it.

It has a solid silhouette and the ā€œdetectiveā€ jacket actually suits the crime-solving vigilante well.

There is a clear absence of cape but somehow, they make it work.

Have you read it? What are your thoughts on this costume?

3 Likes

i love it! dracula collar!

2 Likes

This is such a cool look! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I was going to come in the praise the Batman Rebirth costume, but since we kinda have that already, Iā€™ll do one that Iā€™d be curious to get your opinion on @ZatannaAndHerSpells. Iā€™m thinking of the costume that Zatanna got in the New 52 around the same time Trinity War happened up until the end.

I like it because it feels like a great combination of her classic sexy magician look and her more traditional superhero look in the 80s.

4 Likes

I really love this one too, @ZatannaAndHerSpells! Thank you for weighing in!

2 Likes

Ooh I like the cloak!

Edit whaddaya mean ā€œkinda!ā€

2 Likes

ā€œKindaā€ in that we were talking about that Batman Rebirth suit already, so I wanted to show something else.

1 Like

I think itā€™s appropriate to link this old thread here. We had some fun a while back geeking over The Man of Steelā€™s different looks.

1 Like

This is fan art, but I think itā€™s fantastic.

1 Like