Cost of merch here......

How is a backpack 150$??? Please explain this… Y. Daughter can BK longer use this app as she wants a backpack, but 150???

4 Likes

Yea, backpacks are expensive on their own. Good backpacks can cost up to 100 bucks, so it doesn’t surprise me that a backpack from an exclusive shop would be more expensive–this is the only place you can get them. It all depends on the quality of the backpack. If it’s a decent quality, it might be worth the investment. For instance, I’ve had my backpack since 2nd grade, and I’m a Junior in high school now. I don’t really know the quality of backpacks here, but if they can last you 5 years+, it might be worth the price tag.

2 Likes

It has a USB charging station in it and lights up

3 Likes

@Awesome_Squid
That would also explain it. I haven’t bought a backpack in a while, so I didn’t even think of accessories and such.

1 Like

Brand specific stores always sell merch at full price to maximize profits on their own wares, especially exclusive product.

Wbshop.com and the WB gift shop on the WB studio lot are the same as was the Warner Brothers Studio Store chain.

It doesn’t make the price(s) any easier to digest, but that’s how it works.

4 Likes

It costs more actually with the tax and shipping.

I wish tax and shipping was knocked off.

5 Likes

For $150 free shipping should be standard rather it’s a backpack or just merch that totals $150. As for the backpack’s price all I can say it about 5 years ago Wal Mart had a backpack I really liked and it was $60. I have no clue how that really compares to anything but I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar backpack would be $100+ online or other stores. Then add the licensing on top $150 is probably a little high but not are they stupid high or I would hope not.

2 Likes

Didn’t you see that it comes with a mini coffee maker and fingerprint zipper access?

Oh… Wait…

After looking at the backpacks one big problem I see is lack of specs. Like what size laptop will it hold, backpack dimensions and what are the backpacks made from. If they want you to pay $150 they really need more product info, it lights up and has a charging station or however they say it isn’t good enough.

1 Like

Yes, the prices are ridiculous on here. Shipping in their store costs way too much. They have a Swamp Thing action figure here that is listed at $40 before shipping and taxes, but on Amazon the exact same action figure was $17and Prime members get free shipping. I have bought a few exclusive items from the DC Universe shop, but nothing really incentivizes me to, say, buy a set of Funko Pops here instead of somewhere else.

3 Likes