Concerns of the Terry McGinnis Batman Beyond and DC comics (Kingdom Come)Hypertime fans

I had found this conversation on the DC Comics Subreddit and I think that the DC comics staff could clarify it out in public.

I’d like to see a diagram-map of the Overall Omniverse (DC comics Greater Omniverse(how the previous DC comics Hypertime works into the DC comics Greater Omniverse)), Doctor Who Omniverse, and Marvel comics Omniverse intertwine with each other and all of the various realities, Earths, timelines, and entertainment industry franchises that aren’t part of the DC comics, Marvel comics or Doctor Who Franchise-tv show works into the Overall Omniverse(DC comics Greater Omniverse, Doctor Who Omniverse, and Marvel comics Omniverse).

I think that the fans might need something like creator Grant Morrison’s map of the Multiversity multiverse map but to show how the overall Omniverse (the intertwining and interaction of the DC comics Greater Omniverse, Marvel comics Omniverse, and Doctor Who Omniverse) connects.

RELATED POST:

Have Future State and Infinite Frontier killed Batman Beyond?

Discussion

I have seen it suggested that there is a large enough gap in the chronological roadmap for Batman Beyond to slot in a little while after the events of Justice League Future State but I’m not too sure about that as there was no mention of Terry McGinnis in any of the Batman Future State stories.

Infinite Frontier seems committed to canonising a lot of the successful characters and concepts introduced in Future State, including Tim Fox as The Next Batman, which begs the question…

Has the Batman Beyond timeline basically been overwritten? Have we seen the last of Terry McGinnis?

111d

Batman Beyond has never been canon on the comics, it’s strictly a possible future.

111d

So it’s comparable to the rest of DC’s possible futures? Also what happened to Dark Nights Death Metal “making everything canon”?

111d

Yeah, just like Kingdom Come or The Dark Knight Returns.

111d

Okay cool, I always thought it was a canon future for Batman theology.

111d

Nope.

It is canon to the original 90s-00s DC Animate Universe, however.

111d

It makes everything Pre-Flashpoint canon, not literally everything.

Everything was better in my continuity!

111d

Even in the furthest we’ve seen Jace as Batman in Future State, Batman Beyond’s place in the timeline was a good 20 years after that.

But it was never canon, and it kinda isn’t a happy timeline for the Bat-Family. It could absolutely be changed to fit the current landscape of DC, like how Damian was the one who was training Terry before Flashpoint.

Or they could just continue off from the Futures End timeline, which pretty much made retcons whenever necessary to make things fit.

111d

Both Batman Beyond and Future State are just possible futures, there’s no canon future in comics. So, nothing is killed, Batman Beyond is too popular concept anyway.

111d

As others have said, the Future State: Batman timeline was only supposed to be about 5 years into the future, while Batman Beyond is usually 20ish years from the present, so it could exist somewhere out there, where the Magistrate is defeated, Jace Fox either retires or goes to another city, and Bruce refocuses on Gotham, before Terry takes over.

More realistically, though, Batman Beyond will likely serve as only a possible future or an alternate universe, while Future State remains only a possible future as well.

111d

Hypertime exists to say that every future is potentially possible technically. Even Future State isn’t the definitive future of the universe.

Any future story told in the DC books in a potential future, the future is always in flux

You want them to put out an official statement? I’m confused, here.

Dr. Who is the dude with phone booth right?

Yes but if you do your research because of the Marvel comics former UK branch(now Titan comics/Doctor Who Monthly as of Marvel comics losing its rights to their UK Marvel branch in the 1990s that have later on become Titan Comics/Doctor Who Monthly)that was inter-company crossover betweenDoctor Who and Marvel comics (Earth-5556) and the number of crossovers that Marvel comics had done besides its Intercompany crossovers with DC comics both Marvel comics and Doctor who had done their own individual versions-incarnations of the Omniverse storyline concept before DC comics Hypertime storyline and off course DC comics recent Greater Omniverse storyline. And to be straight with you as far as I can tell the Doctor Who version-incarnation of the Omniverse storyline came before the Marvel comics version-Incarnation of the Omniverse storyline.

Yes I think that DC comics might just need to provide a Diagram-Map to help clarify themselves through visualization especially since Grant Morrison’s map of the Multiversity multiverse -diagram/map had done so well with the previous multiversity storyline. Because of not quite providing the connections in how the Multiversity multiverse map connects both the multiversity multiverse map and Hypertime to the Greater Omniverse storyline their have been confusion among the DC comics fans that apparently are the ones that make the claims about the new DC comics Dark Nights:Metal/ Infinite Frontier Greater Omniverse Storyline that the continuity phrase everything matters actually means nothing matters since they apparently didn’t grasp the explanations in the comic book issues DC comics Dark Nights:Metal/ Infinite Frontier about the Greater Omniverse continuity storyline structure. They might need some visualization similar to the Multiversity Multiverse map diagram. And again to affectively/efficiently work it would also have to explain how the DC comics Greater Omniverse intertwines-incorporates the Doctor Who Omniverse, and the Marvel comics Omniverse and all of the Intercompany crossovers that DC comics, Marvel comics, and Doctor Who have, are, and possibly will and potentially could participated in and even the Entertainment industry science fiction genre and fantasy and any other genre franchises that haven’t participated in any form of Intercompany crossovers or other types of crossovers because logically speaking all of them deserve fictional Earth/Reality/Universe/Dimension/Timeline labeling and even the individual multiverses, portions of hypertime, and Marvel comics Omniverse megaverses would deserve labeling. So that fans will know continuity wise which content variation goes where.

Don’t get me wrong I do appreciate that DC comics had finally at least officially introduced/developed their own version-incarnation of the Omniverse continuity storyline because honestly it was heavily needed despite what others say however with that it still will require a whole lot of extra work and effort for official gradual increasing amounts of clarification about itself individually and how it is interlaced/incorporated into the other versions-incarnations of the Omniverse continuity storyline with in the Entertainment industry.

So…Dr Who is Dr Strange. Got it

Doctor Who is doctor who the one with the TARDIS. Just I told you there was some decades in the past that Doctor Who with the TARDIS was officially part of mainstream Marvel comics. Look up Marvel comics Earth-5556, and/or Marvel comics and Doctor who. The Doctor (Earth-5556)-Marvel Data base wiki(fan base) wiki, The Doctor (Earth-5556)/Appearances-Marvel Data base wiki(fan base) wiki(which I was able to actually find and purchase some of these comics that were officially part of this particular intercompany crossover name brand), and Marvel Comics-
. I apologize that you thought that I was saying that Doctor Who with the TARDIS was Doctor Strange. The two are still in fact two completely separate characters but at the same time Doctor Who with the TARDIS still officially had some decades as part of the main Marvel comics at the approval and desires of Stan lee before Marvel comics lost the content rights to have that so. This history does explain why Disney in fact attempted the following purchase before it even purchased Lucas films. How Disney Nearly Brought Doctor Who To Disneyland, Just Before Star Wars Soared Into Theme Parks- ITM(Inside the Magic website).

1 Like

Oh it’s like marvel and Conan. Hey did you know that the first comic strip character ever created, “the yellow kid” is also in the marvel universe?

Yes like that and honestly imagine what the films Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame would have been like if Disney had successfully purchased the Doctor Who franchise as a whole from BBC?

This idea is really freaking cool, and would be an incredible project for a community to join together on! On the DC side, we aren’t able to wrangle resources at this time, but if a bunch of community members wants to put their heads together, we have Wiki functionality and lots of smart folks around :slight_smile:

I don’t think they can make a large map with other IP’s. I don’t see them opening themselves up to a legal nightmare like that.

That being said, I agree @Applejack in that it would be a fun fan project. Since you’re pitching it @kjConlon94.4185, you should give it a try. Show us what you see in your mind. I think the results would be pretty cool :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

On the legal part if it would take entertainment industry horizontal consolidation to handle the Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Then Time-Warner Bros and DC comics should check out the following changes put in place by the FCC and the U.S. Supreme Court. And hurry in it (with discussions on purchasing ownership with Time Warner Bros Studios, Disney Studios, and BBC studios although European laws might be a bit more tricky) for who knows how long this consolidation relaxation might last.

CLIENT ALERT

U.S. Supreme Court Upholds FCC’s Relaxed Media Ownership Rules, Opening the Door for More Deals and Possible Antitrust Scrutiny

03 May 2021

And a fan project I tried doing something like it in the form of a fanfiction net story but it didn’t quite work out(on the area of reader comments and reviews and suggestions to help build/add to it) so I adopted it out to the fanfiction net website and Watt pad website Fanfiction Writer Wally Boswell. My attempt was titled " **The mysterious Doctor Who and Time Lords (Prequel to Stargate Command’s and UNIT’s shared Allie and the Rise of the Goa’leks parts 1 and 2.)" if any one wants to check it out.

On the legal part if it would take entertainment industry horizontal consolidation to handle the Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Then Time-Warner Bros and DC comics should check out the following changes put in place by the FCC and the U.S. Supreme Court. And hurry in it (with discussions on purchasing ownership with Time Warner Bros Studios, Disney Studios, and BBC studios although European laws might be a bit more tricky) for who knows how long this consolidation relaxation might last.

CLIENT ALERT

U.S. Supreme Court Upholds FCC’s Relaxed Media Ownership Rules, Opening the Door for More Deals and Possible Antitrust Scrutiny

03 May 2021

And a fan project I tried doing something like it in the form of a fanfiction net story but it didn’t quite work out(on the area of reader comments and reviews and suggestions to help build/add to it) so I adopted it out to the fanfiction net website and Watt pad website Fanfiction Writer Wally Boswell. My attempt was titled " **The mysterious Doctor Who and Time Lords (Prequel to Stargate Command’s and UNIT’s shared Allie and the Rise of the Goa’leks parts 1 and 2.)" if any one wants to check it out.

This supposes a lot. Also, I think you posted the same response twice to two different people.

1 Like

I wanna read that

Look it up under the title on fanfiction net.

I was just trying to get the information to one of the administration. And the other option would be the Entertainment industry companies such as Disney Studios and Time Warner Bros studios to use their lobbyists in Washington DC to try to get genuine Intercompany crossover individual stories and storyline continuity structure to be long-term (near-permanently and/or fully permanently) be the exception in entertainment industry’s primary product is intellectual property, protected by copyrights, and the right of publicity. A majority of the terms in entertainment contracts concern the ownership and use of this property. Entertainment law intellectual property. I guess initially/short-term wise to horizontally consolidate within the Entertainment industry or even have lobbyists in Washington DC push to have genuine Intercompany crossover individual stories and storyline continuity structure to be long-term (near-permanently and/or fully permanently) be the exception in entertainment industry’s primary product is intellectual property, protected by copyrights, and the right of publicity would be expensive but in the long term it seems that in the end it would be a whole lot cheaper than to constantly/continually having to pay/purchase entertainment contracts concern the ownership and use of this property between each other to simply be able to genuine Intercompany crossover individual stories and storyline continuity structure. And it also seems to act as another level of entertainment industry creative freedom limitation in the arena of genuine Intercompany crossover individual stories and storyline continuity structure.

I forgot to mention/add entertainment industry company lobbyists within the international governments and not just in Washington DC for the same reasons as having lobbyists in Washington DC.

And Fanfiction net under Doctor Who/Stargate crossovers.