Community to Go Dark Wednesday, October 9th, Refresh October 23rd

It’s been many moons and a generous number of blood-tears, but it’s all been worth it as the threshold of the New Community appears on the horizon. Read on to learn important dates to watch and what you have to look forward to!

:point_right:IMPORTANT DATES TO WATCH​:point_left:

:sparkles:Wednesday, October 9th​:sparkles:
We start putting the chairs on the tables.

DC Universe will prompt you to download an update. Once you download that update, you will no longer be able to access the vibrant and charming DC Universe Community. Instead, it will be replaced with a charming “Coming Soon” state, which will link you to a helpful news article that will update live as we approach the launch of the New Community.

:sparkles:Monday, October 14th​:sparkles:
We turn off the lights.

Even if you haven’t downloaded the update, in the hopes of participating in just ONE MORE hilarious and thought-provoking conversation, we’re sorry to say that as of October 14th, the Community will be closed to all.

We will begin slowly rolling the New Community out, so you may end up seeing it live sooner than some others. But rain or shine, EVERYONE will be able to access the New Community by…

:sparkles:Wednesday, October 23rd​:sparkles:
We’re back, and better than ever!

If you’ve ever visited our community and said “this is pretty cool, but can’t there be MORE?” Well my friend, have we got the digital house party for you. Read more below to hear about all the delicious features you’ll be partaking in!

:sparkles:Community Week - Wednesday, October 23rd- Wednesday, October 30th​:sparkles:
Your con away from home!

What gigantic release would be complete without a dedicated celebration? For 7 days straight, we’ll be joined by the best and brightest of the DC Universe, including talent from DC Universe Originals, top notch comic book talent, DC game developers, licensed DC collectibles professionals & designers, and more! It all kicks off on Wednesday, October 23rd, with a live Q&A featuring the one, the only, Anna Diop, who you all know as Starfire from Titans!

:point_right:WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO​:point_left:

• Your account history, usernames, and profile icons will be ported over, along with all of your post history. Phew!
• Explore a sleek, updated user interface for both desktop & mobile
• Don’t miss a beat with our robust notification system
• Edit your posts!
• Earn custom badges
• Exclusive emoji Packs
• Join a club or start your own!
• Peruse our active Community Activities calendar
• Get to know your fellow members in a private member lounge
• Crowd-build definitive Wikis of timelines and histories you’re most passionate about
• Enjoy infinitely easier image uploading
• Express yourself with rich text editing & formatting
• Build polls right in your topics
• Take it outside with direct messaging

We are deeply grateful to all our members who have spent the past year contributing their thoughts and suggestions. Without your guidance, we would never be able to build the ultimate fan experience. It’s been a wonderful year with all of our amazing, positive, hilarious, thoughtful friends in the Community, and we are ecstatic about forging many more years together!

91 Likes

Wow, this is gonna be awesome. Congrats to the team at DC Universe for all their hard work finally coming to fruition. I’m sure this exciting on your end, too!

5 Likes

Coming back on New Comics Day is genius planning!

Yes, I know it’s just a coincidence, but nevertheless the timing is sublime :wink:

6 Likes

Can’t wait doe the new.community. I am sure it will be schway.

5 Likes

If anyone gets lonely during the blackout you’re very welcome to stop by that week over at the DC Universe book club Discord Channel …
We post those links of course on the various book club threads each week as well. https://discord.gg/xcvkeqM

7 Likes

I love you with the intensity of a thousand exploding suns​:sunny::bomb::star2:

5 Likes

I’m going to have a two-week-long mental breakdown when the community goes dark but it’ll be SO COOL when we come back.

6 Likes

What about on PC? This addresses when the update will go out to app users, but is the 9th or the 14th when it will no longer be available to users that access through a browser?

5 Likes

Ooo. Very exciting.

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you guys in 2 weeks!

5 Likes

Will the comments sections for TV/Films/Comics also be down?

4 Likes

Can we have a pizza party when the new Playhouse opens?

7 Likes

Grabs a couple of Molotov cocktails and a torch

Well I guess it’s time to go H.A.M. on these threads.
JK I will behave. :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

I don’t get it, what does this mean? Sorry I’m dumb.

4 Likes

@zulmara5 The community will be shut down for roughly 2 weeks while they do MASSIVE upgrades to it. In that time all of this section will be unavailable. (But the DCU Book Club server will be open!)

5 Likes

@zulmara5.38205: They’re going to be upgrading the forums, but we won’t be able to access the forums while they do it. That’ll take about two weeks.

4 Likes

Will old posts be transferred or will the community boards be a blank slate?

4 Likes

This sounds awesome, can’t wait

3 Likes

@Batwatch, it says all of our post history is moving over, so looks like everything will still be there

5 Likes

Awesome.

3 Likes