Community Software Updates Profile Bios are Back! + Badge Update

@Todd_Russell

A bubble appears over my profile:

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.10.05 PM

When I click it, I see Kelex’s message here:
Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 2.10.25 PM

Clicking that message will commence your tutorial :slight_smile: Hope this helped!

2 Likes

So you need to do this inside a post?

@kelex start tutorial

Yup - that’s how it works! I completed both tutorials and collected the certificates. Thank you, @Applejack

1 Like

@Kelex start tutorial

1 Like

You’re quick like the wind!

1 Like

For other DCU newbies here like me, seems like there is an already established thread for talking to the msgboard Kelex bot here: The Hassle Kelex Thread

1 Like

Indeed! We’re always open for hassling! I think you can also private message Kelex.

You can. But, according to the person that started that thread, there are sometimes issues with that functionality. Private messaging worked fine for me.

As the person that started that thread, I did so when the new community was, well, newer, and also buggier. I haven’t heard about any PMing issues recently, so I should go edit the post accordingly.

1 Like

LOL, so much for paying attention to who the person was that started that thread. Sorry about that. I just thought I was helping by linking up that thread for others new here. If it isn’t supposed to be used any longer for open tests I can remove the link.

Not sure what the thread expiration policy is here yet(?). I know in some communities bumping older threads is discouraged.

1 Like

Well, it’s totally fine to use it, you just don’t really need to. Most of the posts there are just messing around. Personally, I’m proud of having a mega-thread, and starting conversations there works just as well as a PM, so selfishly, I kind of want people to use it, but there’s no strong incentive for anybody to go one way or the other.

1 Like

No joke Applejack. I did mine this morning & I pushed all the buttons I could & nothing. So I literally spoke out loud saying Kelex display help, It wasn’t even broke. I finally got it done, but I said that phrase out loud at least 5x’s. Every time I honestly believed it was gonna speak back to me. I’m such a weirdo.

1 Like

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

@Applejack and all the other great Mods, I was thinking, there should be a Penguin badge, I would love to see that! Maybe people can earn a badge by having 10 or 20 topic in the Iceberg Lounge. :penguin::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is there a way to see what badges are available to be earned and what we have to accomplish to earn them? It would be neat to have Superman badge of some sort, but I’m probably never gonna run a club or be as prolific as the kind folks who earned the “Superhero” badge… so… I don’t know… can us average folk earn one somehow :slight_smile:?

2 Likes

Yes, see the badges page here:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/badges

Although some of the badges being awarded correctly seem to be glitched (like going through the basic and advanced tutorials). They are working on fixing that according to the admins.

2 Likes

@Todd_Russell Thank you.

@Kelex start tutorial

@oppai welcome to the community.

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: Welcome to DC Universe @oppai!

1 Like

@Reaganfan78 Thank you!

1 Like