Community Software Updates Profile Bios are Back! + Badge Update

Greetings, friends!

Our dear friend @Vroom reached out to let us know that the lovely profile backgrounds, as well as other fun details for your customizing pleasure, had disappeared! After an arduous journey, we return to inform you that they have returned, no worse for the wear!

If you’d like to customize your Community profile, here’s how (Desktop view):

1. Within the Community Section (and, for now, only within the Community Section), click the profile picture in the upper right
  2. Click your Username
  3. From the pulldown list, click “Preferences”
  4. From the righthand menu, select “Profile”

There, you will find a few fun features like an “About Me”, background images, and more!

Additionally, we are auditing our badges for accuracy in when they are assigned, as well as working to manually grant badges to those who have earned them. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the moderator group or comment below if you have any questions :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I think the moderators should have their own badge, maybe like a DCM police badge look. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

thank you so much

sorry, do you mean we should submit a profile for review, or are the Lanterns going through them on their own …

karasubdued

3 Likes

So, would badges be for things like Tutorials, if we finished them but didn’t get them?

1 Like

No need to submit profile for review- that’s yours to represent how you see fit :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s one of the elements we’re QAing, we got a lot of reports of this bug. :bug:

4 Likes

Saving the day, @Vroom and @Applejack! Thank you!

1 Like

EDIT: @nightwing615 was kind enough to help me with both the “Play Fair” issue and the Badges list, so you can disregard the request below :arrow_down: :+1:t2:

@Applejack I really like the new Badge update. It’s lots of fun to try and get new Badges (for example, I had fun figuring out how to and earning my Earthly Genious Badge :catwoman_hv_2:). From what I can tell, it sounds like you guys are still working out the finer details as far as badges go, so I may just be jumping a little too far ahead here lol, but I was wondering if we could maybe get a little more information about the Badges Update? Just a list somewhere with the badges available and the requirements to get them would be perfect.

Oh also, is the Play Fair badge still available? I’ve definitely read and referenced the Community Guidelines on several occasions, but my account doesn’t show the Play Fair badge. And as always, thanks for all you guys do! I :heart:DCU

1 Like

I had the same issue with “Play Fair” @CharlieSheensDealer

All you need to do is complete the tutorial and you’ll receive it through the process. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @nightwing615! I honestly had never even looked at the Kelex message lol. I figured hey, cool, there’s a help bot if I need one, and then didn’t think much else about it. Since I actually did the tutorial though, I was able to get my “Play Fair” badge and a list of available badges. Awesome!

2 Likes

Here are two more badges that I’m not sure about: Completed Your Team Training badge and Welcome to the Justice League badge.

I noticed that no one has been awarded these badges yet, so I’m guessing that there’s probably a bug there to be worked out. So if they can be awarded manually, here’s my tutorial certificates showing that I completed them:

2 Likes

Sme que[quote=“CharlieSheensDealer, post:11, topic:376860, full:true”]
Here are two more badges that I’m not sure about: Completed Your Team Training badge and Welcome to the Justice League badge.

I noticed that no one has been awarded these badges yet, so I’m guessing that there’s probably a bug there to be worked out. So if they can be awarded manually, here’s my tutorial certificates showing that I completed them:
[/quote]

Same question for me. I got certificates a while back, but never saw the badge

Where does one go to receive these certificates? I remember something about sending a message to the bouncer for training info, but maybe didn’t do that correctly?

A link to information explaining what to do would be great. Thank you.

We’re looking into the tech bug around badges not triggering for the tutorials. Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

Heya Todd_Russel! You can trigger the tutorials by doing the following steps (see comments below). After the conversation you see me having with Kelex, you will get a notification in your upper right profile icon where the tutorial continues in direct message.

@Todd_Russell
@kelex, what’s up buddy?

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

@Kelex display help

1 Like

I can do many tasks, like: 1) Start a tutorial to show you all of the Community features 2) Roll 2d6 3) Recite a DC quote, or 4) Tell your fortune.

Please note: if you start a tutorial, please be sure to check your notifications to begin after inputting the command.

Give it a try:

@Kelex start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@Kelex roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@Kelex wisdom

:left_speech_bubble: Great Caesar’s Ghost! — Perry White
:left_speech_bubble: Once you choose hope, anything is possible. — Christopher Reeve

@Kelex fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

@kelex start tutorial