Community Recognition

@Zatanna: You and your team are the epitome of awesome. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Zatanna For a lack of my own words and cleverness, I second what @InMagno said haha. But seriously, the team who runs this place is doing an INCREDIBLE job! Cudos to you @Zatanna and the rest of your crew for creating such a fun, welcoming, and overall comic-tastic community on here. I am very grateful for your guys’ work on here.

1 Like

@Zatanna .nuf dna rotaredom pih a re’uoY

Hope I did that right. Dang backwards talk.

5 Likes

I believe Zatanna’s words are backwards, not the sentences. Correct me if I’m wrong tho Zee

They are both (the words and sentences) backwards

hmm that’s interesting cuz in every animation adaptation I’ve seen (i.e. young justice) her sentences are in order. I believe even in JLA Dark it’s only her words being enchanted backwards

1 Like

Words or entire phrases is something debated.

Her encyclopedia entry defines if as “a phrase backwards.”

I hold the view that canonically it is the entire phrase.

There is also the theory that the strength of the spell might allow for individual words for easier (or more mastered) spells. However, any spell done as a complete backward phrase will work (or be stronger).

“krow drah s’annataZ rof lufetarg tsuj m’I”

4 Likes

InMagno deserves some recognition!

3 Likes

@Redhood For sure, @InMagno! And you deserve some recognition as well, Redhood. I see you on almost every thread I visit on here!

3 Likes

@cnzspuk, thanks!

4 Likes

It’s been done both ways — with the words reversed but in the same order, or the whole sentence reversed. Either is acceptable!

4 Likes

Xnam360 I agree with hulu 100%. It’s become tiresome navigating the rude comments and passive aggressiveness that is synonymous with some of the more recognized users. Always popping up asserting their aggression.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t feel like that. I feel that the recognized members are the most nice ones therefore are more recognized.

5 Likes

Im not talking about every popular user. There are a handful that come to mind and im sure they know who they are lol. And yes they seem nice that’s where the passive aggressive bs comes in lol

4 Likes

I haven’t unintentionally started a forest fire here in a few weeks, let’s see how things go this time.

I’m kinda surprised someone named Southpark doesn’t enjoy rude comments, @Southpark, isn’t that kind of the secret sauce of that animated series? However, I personally do not strive to be rude. On forums like this where we can’t see each other’s facial expressions or tone of voice, and can’t IM directly one on one, or edit / delete a few minutes later, misunderstandings will happen sadly.

Maybe on another thread it might be a healthy group chat to define what we all mean by “passive aggressive” and also “OCD” that I see used here. I’ve worked with a truly passive aggressive person in the past and I almost needed a Translator device to figure out what they were really trying to say to me.

As I posted elsewhere, I learned long ago that I’m not going to be able to relax and enjoy the company of every personality type, and some of those personality types will always feel uncomfortable with my built in style of communication and expression. I honestly and non-passive agressively tell you @Southpark that I am sorry and apologize if anything I have stated here was unsettling to you. I’m here to enjoy both the DC creative products and the rare in my life fellow fans who also get it.,

2 Likes

Yea if you think just bc I like south park im all for random people being rude to each other than you are mistaken. And I wasn’t taking about you I don’t think we’ve ever even had an encounter, let alone an unpleasant one. Btw I wasn’t just referring to me but to what I’ve seen. Most of the time I don’t get into it.

But the passive aggressive bs I’m talking about are the comments that are unrelated to the topic at hand just to feed their superiority complex. Or people that just chime in to seem more knowledgeable. People that have to make comments that are meant to bring the other person down. People share their opinions and it’s like some users try to shame or peer pressure then into changing their minds. I never once used the word OCD so idk what you mean by that.

6 Likes

Thank you for the apology but it is unneeded and I will not accept it. You don’t owe me an apology I promise. No bad blood you seen chill. Im also just a fan trying to enjoy the app but I have to speak up in hopes people will be more pleasant to each other.

4 Likes

Thanks. Have a good one and happy free comic book day!!!

4 Likes

A lot of what @Southpark is saying is true. You can see certain people doing all those things. Not on just one thread either. On one point though I would say, sometimes the chime in to appear more knowledgeable depends on the thread. I won’t call out anyone but on one thread I posted to recently, it could have seemed like I was doing that after someone else had said something as a response. The initial response, however, by another could not have been interpreted any other way than passive aggressive and slight rude. I will always come back with a nicer response if the initial response is rude or passive aggressive. We are all human beings on this forum, regardless of our ages. We all deserve to be talked to with dignity and respect. This thread is about posting about the good we see each other. The people we see go above and beyond to make this community wonderful. I don’t need to agree with every nomination because everyone determines all these words on a screen differently. I personally love that this thread exists as a mean to recognize those that do catch our eye. So many of these people do indeed deserve recognition and our respect. Those are the people I want to focus in on and say thank you!

5 Likes

I appreciate the power users on this forum. I’m guessing most people are like me and post occasionally which is great, but those who post a lot, and put thought into it keep a lot of conversations going. Small example, I posted about my Milwaukee Bucks last night under Random and I get funny smart responses from Biffpow and Vroom about the Ruminant Revolution and a delusional response about the Celtics from Redhood. It’s those slightly odd, funny exchanges on comics or just stuff that make me come back.

7 Likes