Community Recognition

Let’s make this a place to recognize those that make this community the welcoming, warm, and fun place to just hang out and chat with our fellow DC fans!

9 Likes

I’d like to start by recognizing @Don_El,@HubCityQuestion, and @vroom . I always see them joining in on lively conversations, creating their own intriguing and fun threads and challenges, and just being kind overall.

12 Likes

Too many people to choose from!! I think everyone is getting more comfortable and posting more overall because I’m seeing new names constantly. It’s just beautiful to see how far we’ve come as a community!!! :fire:

5 Likes

There’s a few threads similar to this like the KINDNESS PATROL and “How Does One Become a Community Hero?”. Some of the people on those threads (that you haven’t mentioned already) included @MisfitH, @BatJamags, @biff_pow, @JLWWSM, @TornadoSoup, @kingofspeedsters, and many many more.

8 Likes

Some more are @Gibbyhertz, @BatmanOfZur-En-Arrh, and @DanTheManOne1. Again, there are so many, but this is a good place to start :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I like posts like these.

5 Likes

I don’t like how threads like this gloss over some of the growing mean-spirited and unwelcoming attitudes percolating around here. There’s something wrong when some of the most problematic community members keep patting each other on the back, nominating each other in these “kindness” threads, when we can see that the same members being congratulated for being “kind” are openly posting hostile, inflammatory posts and comments all over other threads aside from this one.

6 Likes

Excitingly, a lot of the people you guys have mentioned are Official Community Heroes! I can’t wait for more people to become Community Heroes too!

4 Likes

@YoYoFroYo, that’s exactly why I created this thread, because some people weren’t happy having the recognitions posted on the “Community Hero” thread.

2 Likes

Suprises nobody said hubcity question yet

3 Likes

@XNam360, example?

I like kingofspeedsters

@Redhood55520
I understand where XNam360 is coming from, but I think it’s a bad idea to call people out in the community

4 Likes

@YoYoFroYo, I believe you should call someone out if he or she is being rude. But back to the topic, I believe GibbyHertz deserves recognition for her thought provoking threads.

2 Likes

I like to reconize @redhood I usually see him reply to treads and sometimes he would reply to mine.

2 Likes

Allow myself to introduce…myself

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cChhlQVgoIQ/hqdefault.jpg

4 Likes

Thanks for the chuckle @InMagno! I worried for a second that @XNam360 was talking about me, but then I realized no one has patted me on the back and definitely not been nominated for anything besides the official community hero recognition very early on and DC event. I am just out here living my DC truth and life as best as possible. I have too much going on in my day to day life in social work to be worried about back pats. All this being said though, since this is not the kindness thread. I would like to acknowledge @macjr and make sure @biff_pow is fully recognized. These two people deserve all the recognization we can bestow upon them in this community!!!

7 Likes

Vroom is always fun to talk to. HubCityQuestion is always fun to (Ironically) question.

4 Likes

@Princess: You’re very welcome! I try to brighten up others days!

3 Likes

I am loving this thread, everyone! :heartpulse: There are so many people here who deserve a pat on the back for being super awesome members of the community.

8 Likes