Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

(enters the Office of Justice, arms raised)

Woot! DC Announcement Day! Damian Wayne! Booster Gold! Lanterns (plural!)! Let’s go! Let’s get this started. Why does it have to be 8 to 10 years long because I want all of it right now?? (breathe)

Whew. Anyway, as always, I hope you’re having a fantastic day and week so far. – Gods and Monsters leads me to believe that the first “phase” will build toward an introduction of Darkseid, which means we’ll get another crack at assembling a Justice League. Assuming the Trinity of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman will be present, who are the other 3-5 heroes you’d like to see stand against the greatest evils?

And Damian Wayne. Not to overuse any characters, but do you want to see anything stand alone? A Teen Titans series or movie? A Robins (plural!) project? (another breath to control hyperventilation) A Dick Grayson-Damian Wayne “Batman and Robin”?!

6 Likes

I really enjoy it! I think it’s a super fun angle to take on an already very fun character. I definitely need to catch up on a lot of episodes, but I’ve absolutely enjoyed what I’ve watched so far!

8 Likes

Having not watched it yet, I can’t exactly say! That being said, I’ve always loved the Mystery Inc. gang, so I do plan on giving it a go soon. Have you watched it? If so, what do you think of it?

Personally, I kiiiiiinda don’t. But they have such intertwined histories, it’s hard to separate the two in reality. They’ve just occupied separate parts of my life/fandom as I was growing up, but that’s just my personal take on it. What are your thoughts?

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking about it ALL DAY.

I think at minimum, it’ll be really interesting to see a live-action take on Damien Wayne and how the dynamic between he and Bruce is portrayed–pretty cool!

At best (which I think is more likely), we’ll get a really deep look into the what makes a “Wayne” a “Wayne”. It’ll hopefully pull back the curtain on the father/son relationship, the tension behind who Damien’s mother is, and the angst that fuels both of them. Overall, I’m super excited! I just reaaaaaaaaaally hope that Tom Holland or Timothee Chalamet do not get cast as Damien. That’s all I ask! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Can’t really say it’s that methodical. Just hit 'n miss mostly. Whatever happens to catch my attention at the moment. Could be an on-line comment, something I saw on YouTube, a poster from an old movie, something on the NEWS, or anything inbetween. I may come up dry next week. We’ll just have to wait and see. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I love it!

I consider some of it to be. Like Scooby-Doo I consider to be DC since they just intertwine so much. But Dastardly & Muttley I feel differently about.

5 Likes

WOO WOO WOO WOO! So much to get excited about!

Fantastic day indeed! Great question–I would reaaaaally like to see a fresh take on a live action John Constantine. The swagger, the wittiness, the sorcery…would be a blast in my opinion. Beyond that, I’d love to see more Martian Manhunter–he needs to be more present on the big screen for sure. As my third, I’m going with Green Arrow! As a former archer, I love him to death. I want him to team up PROPER and take down some evil.

I would 10000% love to see a standalone film about DW. He definitely should be included in the overall film plans, but I’d be all in for a one-off DW-dedicated film!

7 Likes

A person of mystery! I love it!

8 Likes

Like everybody else, I’m still digesting the official notification from James Gunn on the first chapter of his 10 year plan for revising the cinematic and television world of the DCU. A new thread from @JasonToddJr about black heroes just recently posted . That made me look more closely at one of the new entries from Gunn’s opening chapter of Gods & Monsters.

It’s being debated well enough across the board. But not being a follower of the Authority, I can’t speak to it with any real knowledge regarding that world of characters. But those of the Milestone Universe however, they I have followed since day one! This being Black History Month, I can’t help but wish that Gunn had gone to them first, for a shot at the big screen. I’d much rather see Static, Hardware, Blood Syndicate and others from Dakota, than an alternate Earth version of a morally challenged JLA. But that’s just me. :slightly_smiling_face:

He may indeed have plans for them down the road. It is a decade long view after all. And we’ve barely been made privi to the first chapter. But, if they’re “missing” in his future vision, then I’m afraid the DCU will have lost another reader, for good!

But I’m a patient man. I waited out the first announcement, I’ll wait out the next few to come. Future subject matter, TBD. Trivia Corner will be back next Tuesday, I hope! Some potential material I’m looking at, has possibilities. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

wow i didn’t think i was gonna be mentioned next to james gunn wow im really happy :grin:

7 Likes

I imagine that Samuel Colt probably thought the same thing, about him and God.
You might want to look that reference up.

That’s the interesting thing about the internet. You never know who you’re gonna’ rub shoulders with, conversationally. Which usually leads to more conversation, sometimes heated. And that, my friend, is why we have Moderators! So, y’all come back now, hear. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

nice !

7 Likes

:orange_heart:

8 Likes

Do you guys know if issues 4 and 5 of the DC Speechless! series is on the app yet? I was planning on trying out the series so any info would be great.

6 Likes

Hi @SportsGuy8, unfortunately, both DC Speechless! #4 and DC Speechless! #5 have not been released on DCUI yet. Our content and technical teams are aware and are actively working on a fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding. :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Thanks because I saw that issue 5 was supposed to come out on February 3rd and was excited to read it. It’s okay though because I have some other books to read while I wait.

7 Likes

This journey down to Trivia Corner, may be my best thus far. And it couldn’t be more timely. I recently rewatched the pilot for a sci-fi series from 1970, that I liked a lot, back then. Canceled in mid-season, it was called “The Immortal.” It starred Christopher George as Ben Richards. A man immune to all known diseases, including old age. But a transfusion to the wrong man, forces him to run for his life, and freedom from the hunters, the human hounds who would cage him. Basically, it was the Fugitive, with a sci-fi twist. But I liked it.

The series was partly based on several pulp style, short stories from the 50s. These were collected and reprinted as “The immortals” by author James E. Gunn. Ya gotta’ luv it, right. That J.G. of WB/Discovery is now very much in charge of bringing interesting (and hopefully successful) properties to life, I find to be a fascinating coincidence. Given that some of the characters in his charge, are also immortals themselves.

Of course such characters are nothing new in the worlds of fantasy fiction. The Highlander series being perhaps, one of the most successful series of the genre. It covers novels, films, tv series, animation and video games. Hopefully, Gunn’s new approach to DCU properties, will do half as well. Since they cover most of the exact same material. WB paperbacks are apparently outside of his area of responsibility. Although, I am curious, as to what input (if any) Greg Berlanti had over Arrowverse pb novels published over the last several years.

Well, that’s a wrap boys 'n girls. Maybe next week I’ll touch on a little Black History trivia, to help celebrate the month. Stay tuned! :grinning:

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing, as always–I’m definitely looking forward to some BHM trivia tidbits next week, should they appear!

6 Likes

What are you most looking forward to in the Gods and Monsters stage of the DCEU?

6 Likes

Oof, tough question! I think The Brave and The Bold is probably top of my list, followed by the Lanterns concept. I recently re-watched S1 of True Detective, and just imagining that vibe within the Lanterns IP sounds incredible. What about you?

6 Likes