Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

As a follow up, I think Tiffany Haddish would make a great live action Bumblebee.

8 Likes

I asked @Alec.Holland this once, but if you could have 1 superpower, what would it be and why?

8 Likes

So @Jitsu now that you have been here awhile and have moved and are hopefully settled in , what are your top three goals for DCUI?

8 Likes

I did it!

My proudest achievement!

Sorry for hijacking Office Hours, but I didn’t know where else to post this.

16 Likes

Congratulation, I’m glad you finally got it.:grinning:

8 Likes

Hello @Jitsu :batman_hv_1:,
In couple of weeks will be my favorite day of the month, President’s Day, My question is if DC Comics were to make a biography comic of any real Presidents, who would you pick?
Me, I’d really would love to see a Biography comic of President Lincoln and President Reagan.:smiley:

7 Likes

I get mine in 5 days

9 Likes

Congrats

8 Likes

Just got mine recently as well.

9 Likes

What an interesting question–I’d love to know more about what makes President’s Day so special to you!

I’d probably pick Roosevelt. His passion for environmental causes, and his dedication to naturalism was really awesome!

9 Likes

Every time you try to leave, they pull ya back in!

8 Likes

Heyoo congrats! Thanks for being such a dedicated member of this incredible community.

9 Likes

Congrats! I’m so stoked to be surrounded by such awesome community members here.

10 Likes

I know I’ve been here so many times I could be furniture. Or maybe that’s just the way I wear my clothes.

7 Likes

When I was 10 back in 1988, I only knew 3 President, Washington, Lincoln and Reagan.
During the election of 1988 I didn’t know anything about President, I thought at the time President were like King, when Bush came too my hometown that’s when I wanted to learn about President.
A day after the election my Mom gave me a newspaper picture of all the President, I’ve study their faces, years in Office.
At the school Library I can still remember checking out my first President book, Thomas Jefferson. I remember the older girl walk by and said, “You can’t read that.” I thankfully ignore her on that.
My parent and family were really proud of me for my amazing knowledge of President history, much like @HubCityQuestion with his amazing knowledge on DC comic and it’s history.:grinning:

9 Likes

History of any sort can be fascinating.

8 Likes

Great story. A love of history is always great news to me. Have you ever watched Assume the Position on HBO Max some interesting US and Presidential tidbits told in a humorous manner. It is a bit dated but I believe still funny and interesting at the same time.

7 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to check it out.:grinning:

7 Likes

Love this question…Before I answer your question, I want to make clear that these are goals–not immediate changes or action items! So please keep in mind that these goals will take time to accomplish…but these are just 3 of many that I have!

1. One of my goals is simply to grow this community…I don’t mean “simply” as “simply achieved”, more that it’s a pretty straightforward goal. DC can be a home for pretty much everyone, and I want to make sure that everyone knows this. Regardless of your experience/history with comic books or DC characters overall, you can come into this community and find engaging and impactful content and people.

2. Another one of my goals is to streamline the user experience across this community hub and the DCUI app. Ideally, community members feel like they’re part of a cohesive experience, in which they can move seamlessly between content and programming. I want this community site to be a one-stop-shop for all your DC comics goodness.

3. I want to offer our community members more impactful rewards/incentives for being here. As I’ve seen tonight, so many of you have been here for a while! I’d like to create a system that consistently rewards our awesome community members, and incentivizes more engagement.

Again: not an exhaustive list! These things take a lot of time and work to achieve, and I’m really excited to be running full speed!

15 Likes

Happy New DC Comics Day, @Jitsu!

Just wanted to check-in on the Monkey Prince DCUI availability query from above.

Hope you’re doing well, and settled into your new digs! :+1:t2:

6 Likes