Community Office Hours--Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Where did the individual issues of Superman Adventures go? It seems to have been removed from the app, along with some other titles.

3 Likes

Hope you enjoyed the show

3 Likes

Hi @Jitsu long time no see! Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile, but my work tires me out at the end of the day. I want to ask you a couple of DC related questions. Have you watched the 1956 Daffy Duck cartoon Stupor Duck and if so, how did you think he did as a superhero? Also, any thoughts on the upcoming blu-ray release of The New Adventures of Batman? That was a surprise release for me, seeing I already have the blu-ray version of the 1968 Batman animated series. I hope we’ll see a blu-ray release of the animated Aquaman series somewhere down the road.

2 Likes

Before Tuesday’s post, an update on some past ones. From Jan 1st, I was commenting on the history of Ma Barker and her boys.I mentioned a Shelly Winters movie from Producer/Director Roger Corman. Sadly, the master of gonzo filmmaking passed away last week, at the age of 98. Roger’s career spanned many decades, and he was responsible for giving more than a handful of Hollywood talent their first big breaks, before the camera. His style of film-making has inspired many, who followed the trails he blazed. Rest in Peace mister Corman. Your legacy of work will continue to thrill and inspire others, for decades to come.

And finally (reference my post from Feb 27th), a great bit of news for Ed Dwight and all those inspired by his career in aviation. The former NASA, Mercury astronaut trainee (I just learned today), has at last tasted true weightlessness. He was never made welcome as NASA, due to the politics and racism of the day, and so was cut from the program. Today (along with 5 others) the 90 year old blasted off onboard a Blue Orbit rocket, and was safely returned to Earth. Upon exiting their craft, he was quoted as saying " long time coming." Amen to that Mr. Dwight. And congratulations!

2 Likes

Here’s a fun fact for you @wrightline1.42741, you mention that Shelly Winters played the infamous Ma Barker,
Did you know before that, on Batman (1966) when the show was in early season 2, she played Ma Parker which was based on Ma Barker.
In part 1, the shootout at the house was actually based on real life event, (only there was no Batman & Robin, plus Barker and one of her boys were killed in a shootout.)
I had never seen the movie with Shelly Winters, but I sure would be interested in seeing it. :smiley:
Oh yeah, and the episode take place around Mother’s Day! :laughing:

2 Likes

Love Roger Corman’s work. Say what you will about his directing efforts, but he never failed to entertain.

3 Likes

Since I asked this, some of us have received communication that certain titles are being removed from the archives due to new policies being put in place. Can you elaborate on those policies for us?

2 Likes