Comix Rant: Firestorm and Justice League Action!

It’s been awhile since I posted here. The holidays hit, some family members got sick and I actually had a couple commissions I had to do (not DC related).

Anyhow! I got a used copy of Justice League Action before the holidays. For some reason, I couldn’t find a new copy of it so I got one with some chunks missing on the cover. It’s a really good show, and I love that it’s another series I can share with my kids.

I love Shane Glines’ designs and I thought Firestorm in the show was a lot of fun! I gotta get the second half of this season soon!

5 Likes

I love that series. I went to every Burger King anywhere close to me & bought the kids meal figures/items. I got all of them except Batman. He was gone at every store.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about the rough times. Glad that you’re back. I loved all the depictions especially WW. I used to be able to watch them on fire stick but they don’t work anymore.

1 Like

Oh man, these are pretty darn cool! I’m still surprised the show didn’t do too well. It had humor, tons of action and introduced a lot of unknown DC heroes to kids.

2 Likes

It was so good. Red Lanterns, Space Cabbie, Firestorm & Killer Frosts semi-relationship, The Nuclear Family etc. I think about those all the time. I think I’m gonna have to buy it too now lol. Thanks on the figs. I found out about the giveaways at BK when the promotion was almost over. I drove one direction & my dad went the other way & I got all of em except 1 on the last day. 2 of them were leftovers they had 2-3 of. I was upset at 1st that they were only 15 minutes. Then they dropped like 76 & 15mins ended up not mattering at all.

3 Likes

I went looking for Athena & her owl Bubo as soon as that show ended. I wanted there to be a figure so bad. That’s the owl from 1981’s Clash of the Titans. Harry Hamlin love that movie. Conroy did some Batman voiceover too. So many good gems in that series.

2 Likes

I never even knew that BK had a tie in to them! Your dad’s very cool to help you get the figures by the way! I loved the Plastic Man saves the world episode… I loved watching his show when I was a kid and was happy to be able to share him with my daughters with that ep. The Luthor episode where he teams up with Circe on Paradise Island my kids enjoyed because Wonder Woman is their fave and seeing someone else from her rogues gallery that’s not Cheetah or Giganta is a plus. I love the horror comic characters make an appearance like Swamp Thing, Etrigan and John Constantine!

The second disc has the really fun mr. Mxyzptlk episode and they have a few Stargirl eps in there that are also great. Okay, I’m salivating over rewatching these episodes now, let me hop on Amazon to get the second disc!

2 Likes

Heck yeah, Harry Hamlin! I don’t know if you ever watched LA Law, but it was a trip to see him in that after knowing him from Clash of the Titans when I was a kid.

2 Likes

I have seen him in that but I didn’t watch it. Titans was awesome, we had to watch it in grade school & I loved it ever since. The supernatural adventures in Babysitting Stargirl episode was awesome & a great play on the title adventures in babysitting with Elisabeth Shue. Loved that movie also lol. I loved when they all became kids too. Love episodes when they do that. Also, yes the possessed Batmobile with Etrigan was great. Loved Zatanna (of course) in it too. Enjoy, I’m jealous I wanna watch em too.

2 Likes

Sorry, thank u. I would literally be on the street if it wasn’t for my folks. They are the best people in the world. They even watch DC with me & their in their late 70’s but you would never know.

2 Likes

I’ve asked if they could put the JL Action show here, but I think because those are Cartoon Network shows it’s still tangled up and can’t be on here. It’s really annoying because the Cartoon Network only has like 5 episodes of them up at a time and they cycle them out every now and then so I don’t get to see all the other ones… I wish they could put them here because I know the fans on here would love them!

2 Likes

Idk they were playing anywhere at all. Thanks for the tip. I’ll take whatever I can get until I own them.

2 Likes