Coming Soon & Last Chance: May, 2020 (Updated 4.29.20)

Please Note: Red Son will make its way to DC Universe in June, 90 days after blu-ray release. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Due to unforeseen circumstances, we regret to inform you that we will be losing a few of our animated movies this month. Please stay tuned for our June announcement, which promises more riches to come!

Welcome, DC Universe Citizens, to the next installment of adventures, thrills, and chills on DC Universe! Not only will we be continuing the mayhem of Harley Quinn, we’ll also be welcoming the star-spangled fun of Stargirl! And of course, tons of comics to browse, including all of White Knight and a whole van-ful of Scooby-Doo mysteries to help solve! Read on to find out all the things:

COMING SOON

New to WATCH:

• Friday, May 1: Harley Quinn “Batman’s Back Man”
  • Friday, May 1: Watchmen (2009)
  • Friday, May 1: Watchmen: Under the Hood
  • Friday, May 8: Harley Quinn “All the Best Inmates Have Daddy Issues”
  • Friday, May 15: Harley Quinn “There’s No Place to Go But Down”
  • Monday, May 18: Stargirl - Pilot
  • Friday, May 22: Harley Quinn “Inner (Para) Demons”
  • Monday, May 25: Stargirl “ S.T.R.I.P.E.”
  • Friday, May 29: Harley Quinn “Bachelorette”

New to READ:
( :+1: =Issue #1)

Tuesday, May 5

• Adventures of the Super Sons #10
  • Batman (2016) #70
  • Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III #1 :+1:
  • DCeased #1 :+1:
  • Deathstroke (2016) #43
  • Female Furies #4
  • Green Lantern (2018) #7
  • Harley Quinn (2016) #61
  • Justice League (2018) #23
  • Year of the Villian #1 :+1:
  • Young Justice (2018) #5

Tuesday, May 12

• Batman and the Outsiders (2019) #1 :+1:
  • Catwoman (2018) #11
  • Detective Comics (2016) #1003
  • Hawkman (2018) #12
  • Justice League Odyssey #9
  • Red Hood: Outlaw #34
  • Scooby Apocalypse (2016) #1-36 :+1:
  • Scooby-Doo (1997) #33-84
  • Scooby-Doo Team-Up (2013) #1-72 :+1:
  • Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (2010) #40-91
  • Shazam (2018) #5
  • Supergirl (2016) #30
  • The Batman Who Laughs #5
  • The Flash (2016) #70
  • Wonder Twins (2019) #4
  • Wonder Woman (2016) #70

Tuesday, May 19

• Aquaman (2016) #48
  • Batman (2016) #71
  • Justice League (2018) #24
  • Naomi (2019) #5
  • Nightwing (2016) #60
  • Superman (2018) #11
  • Teen Titans (2016) #30
  • Teen Titans Go! #34

Tuesday, May 26

• Action Comics (2016) #1011
  • Batgirl (2016) #35
  • Batman Beyond (2016) #32
  • Detective Comics (2016) #1004
  • Dial H for Hero #3
  • Freedom Fighters #6
  • Justice League Dark (2018) #11
  • Martian Manhunter (2018) #5
  • The Flash (2016) #71
  • The Silencer #17
  • The Terrifics #16
  • Wonder Woman (2016) #71

Fun Fact! On May 12, our ever-expanding digital comics library will reach 23,000 issues! :sunglasses:

UPDATE: LAST CHANCE

Due to the most unfortunate of regrettable circumstances, we must inform you that the following will be leaving the service. We sincerely apologize for this last minute alert, and hope that our June announcement will make up for the loss!

** Batman and Harley Quinn
** Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
** Justice League Dark
** Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay

What are you most excited to read, watch, do, see? Let us know in the comments below!

110 Likes

Scooby-Doo Team Up?! That’s great! Thank you!

16 Likes

“Raggy, did you see the rupdate?”

“Sure did, Scoob!”

20 Likes

Yay! No Last Chance!

And oh my gosh New Harley Quinn on my Birthday! (22nd, I’ll be 23 lol) That’s awesome! I had no idea my Bday was a Friday this year!

14 Likes

Nice update. Only 2 new movies but Watchmen is a good one to get back, I saw it for the first time on here last time it was on and really enjoyed it. And always happy to see the number of live movies increase. Watchmen:Under the Hood is also a nice bonus.

No other new movies, but none leaving. So a good thing.

Also obviously excites Stargirl is really almost here finally. Waited so long for that one.

And I skimmed the comics, but the Scooby Doo books… don’t know how many I will read, but it is cool to see some kids series not in here before, AND Scooby Apocalypse… which I am curious to read… is also on here. So between that and Batman: White KNight this month two previously held back titles have been added. That is awesome, just add Watchmen, Mr. Miracle and Gotham by Gaslight and we will have them all. lol.

Nice additions.

16 Likes

Very awesome. Can’t wait for star girl and more Haley is awesome. Watchmen still have to watch that.

Scooby Doo apocalypses. I’ve been wanting to read that. And year of the villain and bvtmnt3 even better.

Sounds like another awesome month.

8 Likes

Now HBO MAX is also getting a Justice League Dark show. We really need to hear something new announced for this service, and no a show you are sharing with CW doesn’t count. Its cool that you are doing that, but that’s something people can watch for free on CW.

19 Likes

season three of Titans, a second season of Doom Patrol, a fourth season of Young Justice, Bizarro TV and yes this season of Stargirl. That’s a lot of upcoming content.

Also, given that we get Stargirl a day earlier uncut…I’d say that more than counts.

17 Likes

When is HBOmax dropping and will doom patrol be here in may

4 Likes

@Davidbizzarr1000 HBO Max hits next month but I don’t think they’ve said when Doom Patrol’s second season will be airing.

5 Likes

I hope we get a discount with dc universe and HBOmax

11 Likes

That’d be nice. But for now, I’m thrilled with all the comics we get and will be getting. Seriously, I’m excited to read Scooby-Doo Team Up. I never thought I’d be excited to read that!

9 Likes

I would think something similar to Disney plus and hulu deal

6 Likes

Maybe, but to be fair that’s a different company. What goes for one might not go for everyone else; especially since DC Universe isn’t exclusively a streaming-only service.

However, if there were a bundled deal, I would be more inclined to get HBO Max. I’d at least do a trial to see what the service is like.

4 Likes

I guess thats what i mean Maybe 20 for both.

2 Likes

I’d pay that!

I think we’ll have more information in the coming weeks on what’s gonna happen. If they don’t bundle it, it’s not the end of the world for me. I think I’d only be jazzed about HBO Max if/when these DC shows make it to the service. Yes they have some in development, but being in development and actually making the shows are two different things. Anything can happen in between.

I would like to see what the interface and library is for HBO Max, though. I wanna do as much research as possible before deciding if it’s something I’d like to add to my monthly bill. I don’t want to make the mistakes a few people here have made where they signed up for something without researching it, then you get endless threads of them stomping their feet demanding to know why this or that aren’t on here. And I don’t want to make the mistake Disney Plus made where they announced several shows were coming to their service, but you’re gonna have to wait about two years to see them.

7 Likes

Im definitely looking forward to it

2 Likes

Something else that should be lauded:

In the first post here, it says in May we will reach 23, 000 issues. How amazing is that? Seriously, that’s a lot of comics! I remember last April when every week they beefed up the comic section, adding literally hundreds upon hundreds of issues every week that month. Fast forward twelve months later and here we are!

This is a wealth of comics.

12 Likes

I don’t know how many services offer video content plus 23k in comics

11 Likes

@DC_Community will the Robin: 80th Anniversary Special be coming to DC Universe any time soon?

5 Likes