Comics That Hit Close to Home

So a little context it’s been a little over a year ago I lost my Mom after a surgery she should have survived. So I was reading Nightwing Guardian of Gotham by Peter J. Tomasi; great story so far then this text in the panel hit me like a Mike Tyson punch tp the gut. So I want to talk about those moments in comics that hit way too close to home!

3 Likes

So very sorry for your loss @jsmsiggy.

1 Like

I am so sorry for you loss, we may not know each other nor have we talked but I’m sorry for what happened to your mom.

My parents are from Mexico so I always identity to being mexican just because they were, but I never been to mexico(Before I turned 18), I’m not good at speaking Spanish so I always felt embarrassed because everyone would say I should he fluent in Spanish when I lived in the US my entire life, it wasn’t till I went to Mexico when I realized that I wasn’t a true Mexican, and reading American alien specifically this one scene hit home.

2 Likes

Justice League of America (2013). As a Deontologist with an essential job at this time I really felt it when Star threw J’ohn across the room.

2 Likes

@American-Alien thank you I really appreciate it and I will say this those that assume things only make an ass of themselves.

1 Like

Np, and yeah most of those asshole don’t even speak a second language so who were they to judge?

Are you and your family doing ok?

1 Like

Overall when property got destroyed annoyed me because the owners will have to spend a crap ton of money again.

1 Like

Long story short the doctors said my Mom was good and they thought she was going to recover but 90 minutes later everything went downhill way to fast. It happened so fast that it even had an effect on the doctors. So thank you for the condolences even though it has been a year it feels like yesterday.

1 Like

Thankfully that never made it to my work. I know I would have been assigned to cleaning it up.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you and your family had to go through that, I wish the best for you guys

1 Like